• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 2nd Test at Adelaide

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
i don't follow cricket as much as i used to...been reading some about steve smith recently...he has obviously had a very impressive test and one day career so far...would be interested to know where people rank him in the pantheon of aussie batting greats?

Compton

International Debutant
i don't follow cricket as much as i used to...been reading some about steve smith recently...he has obviously had a very impressive test and one day career so far...would be interested to know where people rank him in the pantheon of aussie batting greats?
Incredibly hard to tell at this stage.

So much depends on how long he can keep up current form (or even better) and then how slow he can keep his decline.

I’d be very surprised if his eventual runs total wasn’t up there with the best though.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Feel like the people who are hopeful Overton will be an improvement on Ball are going to be quite disappointed.

Woodster

International Captain
Getting excited now for that s next Test and a Test I think is our best chance of winning.

Ball is an interesting one, difficult to judge him on the last Test with the most of the warm-up games missed and obviously a bit rusty still. But was he lucky to get the nod ahead of COverton in the first place? Yes, he probably was.

I’m not sure there’s a lot beteeen this at this stage, hoping Woakes gives better support this game.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
With it likely overcast and cool, would Root have the stones to send Australia in?

Apparently it’s raining in Geelong, too.

Compton

International Debutant
With it likely overcast and cool, would Root have the stones to send Australia in?

Apparently it’s raining in Geelong, too.
I think post-Nasser England will bat every time they will the toss in Australia forever.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
I think post-Nasser England will bat every time they will the toss in Australia forever.
We won the toss and put the Aussies in in both Perth and Melbourne in 2010 (with varying results) and also in Sydney 2013. But keep in mind we also won in Adelaide and Sydney batting second in 10/11.

Burgey is right it will take some big balls from Root to stick the Aussies in if he wins the toss this afternoon......especially in Adelaide. But I also think it's Englands best chance......an awful lot of our best and most comprehensive test wins have come after bowling first......it's something this team seems more comfortable with.

I'm not even suggesting Root should do it, but lets just say I wont be dissapointed if he loses the toss and we bowl.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Weather radar showing very small, scattered annoying showers, otherwise nothing major. Hopefully they'll clear somewhat over the next four hours.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Wouldn't even say bowling first in Perth failed. We had them 69/5 on a green pitch and bowled them out for 268.

Larwood's_boots

U19 Debutant
He scored a terrific 140 the other day, Bradman averaged 140 in the 1930 ashes (in England) so let's not be stupid and go there. but outside of that he could be well up there in the non-Bradman category, unorthodox technique but outstanding mental strength. Be very surprised if he doesn't end up considered at least on a par with Ponting.

Larwood's_boots

U19 Debutant
Not sure where you're from originally but be warned that sling provides the Aussie commentary- if you're English prepare to hear Warnie spend a lot more time discussing the availability (or otherwise) of a decent pie floater than you may be used to hearing.

Cow

Banned
Needs a Malan 150, this match.
I need a bang from Jessica Alba. Let's see who gets lucky first.

BALI VOLCANO UPDATE-

The winds have been kind to both Australia and England. Australia are fortunate because the volcanic cloud won't affect conditions at the Adeliade Oval. England are fortunate because the closing of Bali airport has stranded thousands of Aussie "schoolies" in Bali. This has meant both the England team and fans won't have to deal with the 16 year old Australian, famed for being one of the biggest group of turds on the planet.

Good luck to all the players.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Not sure where you're from originally but be warned that sling provides the Aussie commentary- if you're English prepare to hear Warnie spend a lot more time discussing the availability (or otherwise) of a decent pie floater than you may be used to hearing.
Aussie here but would prefer not to have to hear the horrific nine coverage.

Larwood's_boots

U19 Debutant
Aussie here but would prefer not to have to hear the horrific nine coverage.
Well at least they've managed to keep it unbiased by bringing in a Pommie- and in fact they've even managed to sign up Kevin Pietersen, a man with no known animosity whatsoever towards the England team, the selectors and the ecb. So, yeah, unbiased.