• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

headbuttgate

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Before the facts come out I think it's safe to assume that Bancroft made a homophobic comment and Bairstow felt the need to step in.

I admire this England team, they don't walk away from conflict. I would say along with the Detroit Pistons of the mid 90s and every English rugby team ever, they maybe the toughest sports team I've seen.
Based on today's cricket I disagree with this assessment...

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Symonds could probably take on that entire Indian team solo. He'd just stick his elbow out as they came running in one by one like he did with that streaker.
One of the great cricketing moments.

Burgey

Having represented defendants in criminal case I can assure you no one is looked upon worse than a dog.

On a serious note, what a **** storm for Root to contend with as a new captain away from home.

Cow

Banned
Based on today's cricket I disagree with this assessment...
Maybe they were too fired up after watching the Kovalev fight this morning?... couldn't concentrate on the task at end.

This England team is more a war party than a tour party. All of Australia are on notice, keep their distance or pay the consequences.

5-0 to Aus

Last edited:

TNT

Banned
Could this make it even harder for the ECB to bring back Stokes, they need to make some sort of stand against this behaviour.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
to weigh in a bit:

I agree with Burgey re dobbing. One reason for it is I never trust law enforcers/managers/anyone in authority to be fair and just in their interpretation of a story. i'm going through a lot of workplace drama at my nursing home atm and so much of it could be avoided if not for nurses constantly dobbing in people to management for minor mistakes. But being human nearly every nurse makes a mistake here and there(often minor) so you're left with a manager who gets reports to them that every single employee is incompetent. anyway back to bairstow

I hope there's good reasons for this incident instead of 'they were drunk'. I will admit the English carry themselves as better humans than us on the playing field, but if that all changes after a few drinks(Stokes) then what good is that? it's all a facade for the cameras. **** dat

This also explains the staunch look Bancroft gave Anderson when he lobbed the ball back at him today. I felt like Bancroft looked a little too big for his boots(not in a bad way mind you) but now I see he has a past history with this team

Anyway, its all juicy drama and should make tomorrow interesting

Last edited:

Victor Ian

International Coach
It's going to be nothing. Probably an accidental headbutt in a jokey way. That's why nothing has been heard about it until now and nothing was made of it.

mr_mister

It's going to be nothing. Probably an accidental headbutt in a jokey way. That's why nothing has been heard about it until now and nothing was made of it.

maybe, or maybe Bancroft wanted the situation de-escalated knowing what it could do to Bairstow's career in the wake of the Stokes fiasco. If he wasn't badly hurt then he probably thought **** it no point making a fuss

Doesn't change the fact the incident might have been way out of line. Anyway I love YJB so I'm ease up now but I'm keen for more facts

Burgey

If it was a couple of blokes having a joke then nothing would have been made of it on the field to begin with.

Son Of Coco

England still invading other countries and leaving a trail of violence and evidence of their own inadequacies behind them. It's not the 1100s anymore you picket-toothed gingernuts. Grow up!