• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Commentary Complaints Thread

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm convinced the guys on 9 are paid to be arseholes.

Even Healy, who's always been a prat on commentary, was immense on Sky on the Ashes Masterclass.
They must get told to dumb it down, which is seriously my pet peeve with the Nine commentary. Like you said, their masterclasses are so good, all of them.

howardj

International Coach
To my Adelaide friends, don't buy a cricket commentary radio that they sell at the ground on game days

It has no ABC radio, and the reception at times can be patchy

The only radio is commentary is Triple M

howardj

International Coach
Geoff Lawson ripping into the current ABC comms team and the drivel it's become is very satisfying:

ABC Radio cricket commentary slammed by Geoff Lawson on Cricket Unlimited podcast, Ashes, Ben Stokes, Pink Ball Test
The special comments men - Rogers, Katich, and Nannes - are nowhere near as good as Roebuck and O'Keefe were on the ABC

The ball-by-ball callers - Wheatley, Aggers, and Maxwell - are great

I also find that Rogers, Katich, and Nannes don't really have distinctive voices

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Some of the guys that have left the ABC in recent years are basically irreplaceable though

morgieb

The special comments men - Rogers, Katich, and Nannes - are nowhere near as good as Roebuck and O'Keefe were on the ABC

The ball-by-ball callers - Wheatley, Aggers, and Maxwell - are great

I also find that Rogers, Katich, and Nannes don't really have distinctive voices
Yeah I like what they have to say, but it could take me a whole stint to tell which one it was.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If only Kevin Pietersen's voice was less distinctive.

Far less distinctive.

Second Spitter

State Vice-Captain
Yeah I like what they have to say, but it could take me a whole stint to tell which one it was.
Yup. Really enjoy listening to Krapitch and it would be great if he makes the transition to TV...............specifically pairing him with Michael Clarke.

morgieb

FMD did we really need to start with KP?

He's still on about his "Brisbane is dire" BS.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Something I've noticed a couple of times now. Michael Vaughan thinks that when batsmen play full on cross bat shots the bat is 45 degrees to the ground.

TNT

Banned
If Smith carries his bat through to the fourth or fifth innings he plays then I could understand the hype about getting his wicket. At the moment he has only played one innings without getting out but you would think he has not been out for the last twenty test matches.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Swann would be at least twice as bearable if he didn't do accents every other sentence.

Or sing, urgh.

Last edited: