• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Commentary Complaints Thread

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Jumps to conclusions and judgements extremely quickly though, especially on a player's technique.
That first morning, and his commentary stint with Ponting epitomises this

Ball 1 : "Adelaide demands a fuller length, you have to commit the Australians onto the front foot in the first session"
Ball 2: as above
Ball 3 : as above
Ball 4 : as above

Yes, the new ball is very important, but no need to relay this information ad nauseum

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'll say it now, I'm really surprised we've only had one mention to Amazing Adelaide by Warne or Clarke this year. Clarke didn't even mention the salad and pizza up in the hotel room.

I think this is a bad development from the last home Ashes.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Somebody needs to inform KP that there is no prize for the commentator who fits the most words in an over.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Gus as in Gus Worland? FMD.

Kerry, Tuffers, Junior and Guha seem decent though, ditto Gilchrist. Though 9's team have been good off 9, so....
Yeah, the Triple M summarisers are one hell of a line-up. It's just the environment that's killing them.

I want Isa Guha to give actual insights based on her experiences, not James Brayshaw to talk about how she wrote herself off going drink-for-drink with Gilchrist in Brisbane.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I love how Vaughan isn't allowed to be part of a 2 person commentary tandem on C9. Every other stint is 2 person only, when it's Vaughan it's 3.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
I'm warming to BT's but how much must they wax lyrical about Adelaide and the Adelaide Oval and keep throwing on the screen elegiac shots of the setting sun and the River Torrens (between deliveries!).

JBMAC

State Captain
well, as many of you know I have been following for more years than I can recall and I'm convinced this crop of ch9 commentators are at a completely different game than the pictures are showing. As a player, official and commentator of over 30 years myself, they sound so false and unreal. Maybe, Just maybe, Ian Chappell and Young Clarke could be brought up to speed and bw Ok.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
well, as many of you know I have been following for more years than I can recall and I'm convinced this crop of ch9 commentators are at a completely different game than the pictures are showing. As a player, official and commentator of over 30 years myself, they sound so false and unreal. Maybe, Just maybe, Ian Chappell and Young Clarke could be brought up to speed and bw Ok.

Ok mate, you have to tell us who you commentated for!!!!