• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Commentary Complaints Thread

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
There must be a lot of moonlighting. Tuffers does TMS, and most of the BT crew keep doing stints on TMS also. And Pietersen makes guest appearances on BT.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, but Brayshaw.

i agree biggest tosser going. But Gilly is interesting to listen to.

Channel 9 is okay, I still prefer it for the convenience and the fact the voices are so ingrained in me i cant really watch a home summer without Tubby's voice now. But they are dull people mostly

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Commentators aside, C9 just makes it tough viewing. 1-2 ads between every single over and the commentators promoting other brands/TV shows continually makes it hard to watch

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
i agree biggest tosser going. But Gilly is interesting to listen to.

Channel 9 is okay, I still prefer it for the convenience and the fact the voices are so ingrained in me i cant really watch a home summer without Tubby's voice now. But they are dull people mostly
I'd take 3 Brayshaws over 1 KP.

S.Kennedy

Have you seen the Pietersen cricinfo advert? Make sure you haven't eaten before viewing it.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Man channel 9 is ****ing boring wankery compared to Triple M

They talk about such interesting and raw topics. Mark Waugh being very honest on his opinion on England's batting order, Kerry O'Keefe blurting out 'you can't cut first rock' when Moeen played a bad shot first ball. Tufnell also is so bloody blunt I love it

Don't know why KP was celebrating so hard for Lyon lol
...like Brayshaw rambling on about golf courses for half an hour, Gilchrist getting cut off whenever he has something interesting to say, dodgy ***ual in-jokes that come across as a little bit creepy and, for no good reason whatsoever, the use of the word 'derro' in cricket commentary.

Hell of a line-up, sure, but Brad McNamara needs to get in the ****ing sea. Ruins ****ing everything he touches.

Gnske

...like Brayshaw rambling on about golf courses for half an hour, Gilchrist getting cut off whenever he has something interesting to say, dodgy ***ual in-jokes that come across as a little bit creepy and, for no good reason whatsoever, the use of the word 'derro' in cricket commentary.

Hell of a line-up, sure, but Brad McNamara needs to get in the ****ing sea. Ruins ****ing everything he touches.
Absolutely trash

mr_mister

look I only listend to Kerry O Keefe, Tufnell and Gus, then Junior, the british female cricketer and Howie. It was certainly a more interesting hour than 60 mins of channel 9 commentary

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
look I only listend to Kerry O Keefe, Tufnell and Gus, then Junior, the british female cricketer and Howie. It was certainly a more interesting hour than 60 mins of channel 9 commentary
Gus as in Gus Worland? FMD.

Kerry, Tuffers, Junior and Guha seem decent though, ditto Gilchrist. Though 9's team have been good off 9, so....

mr_mister

Gus as in Gus Worland? FMD.

Kerry, Tuffers, Junior and Guha seem decent though, ditto Gilchrist. Though 9's team have been good off 9, so....
haha. He was the weak link but luckily Kerry and Tuffers picked up his slack

DriveClub

International Regular

Who exactly is brad mcnamara? Keep seeing his name everywhere, is he the godfather of aus cricket?

Jarquis

Weller still not winning this but this is the best session we’ve had since the Handscomb wicket in the first innings of the first test

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Vaughan is incredibly partizan and was getting very excited in that final session as England finally did something. Would fit in well in an English CH9.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Vaughan is incredibly partizan and was getting very excited in that final session as England finally did something. Would fit in well in an English CH9.
Stuck the boot in big time on Smith for not following on too

Boycott made me chuckle though ‘he’d never have scored a run on uncovered pitches’ RE Warner. I find his predictability entertaining if I’m honest.

Spark

Global Moderator
Vaughan is partisan but he's not shy of sticking the boot into English players and cricket in general from what I've heard. Jumps to conclusions and judgements extremely quickly though, especially on a player's technique.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Yeah that's fair. Feels like he's one of those fans who just gets equally annoyed on the bad days as he does excited during the good moments. More like a footy fan than a cricket one in that sense.

S.Kennedy

I wouldn't necessarily say Vaughan is biased. His main problem is he is too wrapped up in these new ECB ideas to destroy test cricket. Ruins his credibility for me.