• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rule Changes In-Play For This Series

Compton

International Debutant
For those that missed it, there are various tweaks to rules in-effect for this series. I’m giving you fair and clear warning, so don’t all get wild at the third umpire when the decision doesn’t go your way.

1. Reviews are no longer reset at 80 overs/new ball.

2. Reviews are no longer lost for Umpire’s Call on lbw.

3. On a run-out/stumping, a batsman who grounds his bat/foot behind the line is deemed in, even if the bat/foot is no longer grounded at time stumps are disturbed.

4. Batsmen can now be dismissed off of deliveries where the ball has made contact with a fielding player’s helmet.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Sticky this thread.......I'm gonna forget all this **** by tomorrow so an easy reference would be good.

Compton

International Debutant
For clarity, I think if the batsman has lifted his back foot and is stumped he’ll still be out, but if he’s lifted, gotten back, then lifted again; not out.

It’s a nonsense, I agree.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Still, they're remarkably sensible rule changes all round. No more strategically reviewing being given out clean bowled in the 79th over.

TNT

Banned
Still, they're remarkably sensible rule changes all round. No more strategically reviewing being given out clean bowled in the 79th over.
But that has never happen though has it. I agree that they do take a few more reviews close to the 80 over mark but teams will use reviews near the end of an innings now instead.