• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pick One Player From Your Time Watching The Ashes Who You'd Select For This Series

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
As the title suggests, pretty simple concept. Which one player would you include this series for your team and why?

You have one player from the country you support to be picked in that country's team, anywhere from one to eleven on the team sheet, with the rest of the (likely) side playing around them starting Thursday at the actual venues.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Gilchrist. Wicket-keeper is clearly our biggest weakness, a top-class keeper and our side would be hard to stop.

Redbacks

International Captain
We've got an ok tail, Hussey would probably be a huge asset now I think of it.

Could probably expect him to put on 1 match turning partnership with the lower order which could tilt the series in our favour.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I agree with fred's Botham 81. But if we're not allowed to choose someone else's choice I would go with John Snow 1970/71 series.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Gilly to keep and bat 6. Miles better than stoner Darsh. Temped to go AB or Waugh to bat 6 and replace Darsh while slapping some sense into the millennials though.