• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pick One Player From Your Time Watching The Ashes Who You'd Select For This Series

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Gilchrist would solve a few issues both keeping and lower order batting. Hussey would be very handy anywhere from 4-6 for experience and a cool head. So would SWaugh or AB.

Overall I'd still take Warne. Match winner with the feel for the occasion. Loved nothing better than beating up on the un-washed on behalf of all us Australians. No probs with Lyon, but Warne was next level in everything he did.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
As we are now would have to be Botham.

Think if I was an Aussie i'd say Hayden as I think the bowling will be fine but the batting looks suspect and Hayden had a great record against us really.

Burgey

Very tempted to say Boonie to bat three. Obvious answer is Ponting in that role but Boonie as tough as teak and would let Khawaja go to four, Smith five etc. The other obvious one is TOTAB at four, whose mere presence would scare our team into infallibility.

Zinzan

If I was an Aussie supporter, It'd be hard to go past a 2013 Johnson given these will likely be relatively flat decks, and that didn't matter to him that season.

If I were English, Beefy Circa 1978-84 (before he became a fat waste of space).