• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Personalised Ashes ranting

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Just somewhere to vent a little something that no one else cares about. Although I subscribe to BT Sport I refuse to pay them extra for multiroom, so I can't watch the Ashes in bed despite the ungodly hour that prevails in Australia. Thank you very much.

cnerd123

likes this
It's ridiculous how much you have to pay to watch the Ashes in England when I can actually watch it free in HD here in HK.

:ph34r:

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Only £6 a month, but they're not getting it. :devil2:
I agree - kipping on the sofa is much cheaper and, if you have a decent one, just as comfortable

And best of all you don't have the wife whinging and asking stupid questions about the lbw law or which one is the bloke who beat up those nasty homophobics

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
It's ridiculous how much you have to pay to watch the Ashes in England when I can actually watch it free in HD here in HK.

:ph34r:
Yes, short-term ECB greed. It is the reason tiddly-winks is more popular than cricket here. I actually refuse to give the paywall companies a penny- I cancelled my Sky about ten years ago.

vogue

I agree - kipping on the sofa is much cheaper and, if you have a decent one, just as comfortable

And best of all you don't have the wife whinging and asking stupid questions about the lbw law or which one is the bloke who beat up those nasty homophobics
You need a dog as company when watching , no questions or whinging, just a hot water bottle of heat and the occasional snore..:happy:

Tom Flint

International Regular

You can also switch over to babestation during the lunch and tea breaks without the missus finding out

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just somewhere to vent a little something that no one else cares about. Although I subscribe to BT Sport I refuse to pay them extra for multiroom, so I can't watch the Ashes in bed despite the ungodly hour that prevails in Australia. Thank you very much.
How much would you pay if they adjust the time to satisfy your settings?

flibbertyjibber

You need a dog as company when watching , no questions or whinging, just a hot water bottle of heat and the occasional snore..:happy:
Mine sadly won't last the series as he has lymphoma. Loved curling up to me over the years on the sofabed as I watched cricket at all hours of the night, hope we get a few days next week where he can continue to be spoilt rotten before his time comes.

Daemon

Mine sadly won't last the series as he has lymphoma. Loved curling up to me over the years on the sofabed as I watched cricket at all hours of the night, hope we get a few days next week where he can continue to be spoilt rotten before his time comes.
:( Sorry to hear

vogue

That’s the worst. I’m really sorry. Losing a dog is just well no words really. Good to know you’ve shared memories together. :(

Tom Flint

International Regular
Sorry to hear that mate. Dogs are a great companion, hope you have a great time together enjoying the cricket before he retires

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Why does the Ashes always feel so long even before the first ball..... I mean the amount of crap already spewed in the lead up is enough for the rest of the series as far as I'm concerned. I can't image what it going to be like in 3 tests time with 2 more to go.....

Burgey

Depends how close it is really. But even if one side is well on top, it’s such an old rivalry that most supporters from both countries just get up for it.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Why does the Ashes always feel so long even before the first ball..... I mean the amount of crap already spewed in the lead up is enough for the rest of the series as far as I'm concerned. I can't image what it going to be like in 3 tests time with 2 more to go.....
Are you talking about the players in the media or us on here? I think the former will stop once the series gets underway, the latter though.......