• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

West Australian XI vs England

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Eh, not bowling brilliantly so far but Philippe is throwing the bat at everything.

Carder looks organised. Count me a fan.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He's smashing anything pitched up so they're dropping a tad too short and straight. Not going to get wickets like that.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
I'm just looking at the scorecard but England are absolutely buggered for this Ashes if they are struggling to dislodge the Western Australian reserves and getting wacked by an opener at a Gilchrist strike-rate!

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Got to keep plugging away outside off, is it really that hard to grasp the simplest and most effective concept in cricket? From the 10-15 overs (didn't see Anderson) I saw each of the English bowlers have first gone full searching for swing, been dispatched and then tried bowling short. Overton/Woakes in particular are just banging it in senselessy.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I was looking forward to seeing Woakes get belted, but I didn't think it's be quite that dramatic.

Spark

Global Moderator
Got to keep plugging away outside off, is it really that hard to grasp the simplest and most effective concept in cricket? From the 10-15 overs (didn't see Anderson) I saw each of the English bowlers have first gone full searching for swing, been dispatched and then tried bowling short. Overton/Woakes in particular are just banging it in senselessy.
Sounds like they saw the WACA bounce/imagined the WACA bounce and lost their heads? It's pretty common.

Bijed

International Regular
Well, the one upside to this only being a 2-day match is that this embarrassment will end sooner and the bowlers can go away sooner and get their heads straight

Spark

Global Moderator
I mean, it's a no-win situation, really. You play well: congrats, you tonked a grade side. You don't play well: wtf are you doing not tonking a grade team?

Not completely pointless, but uncomfortably close to it.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Hey we usually suck monstrously at the WACA, so this is a demonstrable improvement regardless of opposition.

S.Kennedy

I can see how this Ashes will go actually. Two early wickets for England then a momentously long period in the field, Australia making immense 500 plus totals, Anderson and Broad toiling away there and knackering themselves out.

Last edited:

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Think we will do better than expected, which is not saying much as everyone seems to think it will be an absolute thrashing.

S.Kennedy

The other tour matches are at least first-class so hopefully that means we will not see any retriees and thirteen men teams.

Tom Flint

International Regular
Theyve just loaded their batting with guys who are guns in aussie conditions but useless anywhere else. Smash every home series and lose every away series.