• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Women's Ashes 2017/18

Spark

Global Moderator
Sun Oct 22 (50 ovs) 09:15 local (23:15 GMT -1d | 10:15 AEDT | 09:45 ACDT | 07:15 AWST)
1st ODI - Australia Women v England Women
Allan Border Field, Brisbane

Thu Oct 26 (50 ovs) 14:40 local (03:40 GMT | 14:40 AEDT | 14:10 ACDT | 11:40 AWST)
2nd ODI - Australia Women v England Women
International Sports Stadium, Coffs Harbour

Sun Oct 29 (50 ovs) 10:15 local (23:15 GMT -1d | 10:15 AEDT | 09:45 ACDT | 07:15 AWST)
3rd ODI - Australia Women v England Women
International Sports Stadium, Coffs Harbour

Thu Nov 9 - Sun Nov 12 14:30 local (03:30 GMT | 14:30 AEDT | 14:00 ACDT | 11:30 AWST)
Only Test - Australia Women v England Women
North Sydney Oval, Sydney

Fri Nov 17 (20 ovs) 19:10 local (08:10 GMT | 19:10 AEDT | 18:40 ACDT | 16:10 AWST)
1st T20I - Australia Women v England Women
North Sydney Oval, Sydney

Sun Nov 19 (20 ovs) 14:35 local (03:35 GMT | 14:35 AEDT | 14:05 ACDT | 11:35 AWST)
2nd T20I - Australia Women v England Women
Manuka Oval, Canberra

Tue Nov 21 (20 ovs) 19:10 local (08:10 GMT | 19:10 AEDT | 18:40 ACDT | 16:10 AWST)
3rd T20I - Australia Women v England Women
Manuka Oval, Canberra

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Close contest right now. Get the feeling that this partnership is the crucial one.

I'm a big fan of Villani, she has a very good technique IMO.

ajdude

International Coach
shame the test match isn't on tv, i find the cricket australia streams so ****ing jammy

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Got it on the radio but I've been falling asleep for most of it which doesn't bode well for the men's either - I used to have more stamina for away Ashes!

Spark

Global Moderator
England killed themselves by getting McGrath out........how the **** was Gardner batting below her?? Girl can hit.
Honestly she's hit the ball better than most of the top order too. Faced about six balls and nailed basically all of them.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
England killed themselves by getting McGrath out........how the **** was Gardner batting below her?? Girl can hit.
McGrath bats in the top three domestically. She was just really unsuited to the role she was given here basically. Gardner plays in the same side and bats 6-7.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
McGrath bats in the top three domestically. She was just really unsuited to the role she was given here basically. Gardner plays in the same side and bats 6-7.
Yeah I heard that on the commentary. England had the game while she was at the crease though and when she got out it took what 5 balls to Gardner and the momentum swung totally the other way.

Very enjoyable start to the Ashes summer anyway (save for the result of course.......but me thinks that may be a theme for the next 3 months)

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
That was a good win, I was definitely worried going into the last 25 overs or so, but felt a chance as long as Blackwell stayed there. Very happy

D

Deleted member 34141

I’m not concerned at all because the game wasn’t lost in a fashion of say a 100 runs, so nothing drastic there. Plus the climate and can’t imagine that been easy.

Spark

Global Moderator
Just anecdotally, female cricketers seem to be fonder of the deliberate chip shot into a gap to collect singles or twos. A lot of balls not hit with full power in the air.