• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

It's War

Victor Ian

International Coach
Seriously! Can someone in the ICC please organise for any ****wit who says this next series is War to be taken over to Syria, dropped in the middle of gunfire, or at least shoot the ****wit a couple of times and rig their car to explode when they turn the ignition. There is so much bull**** jingoism in sport these days but ****ing 'war' has to be the worst ****ing expression ever tossed about by ****ing idiots who are too ****ing idiotic to realise they are ****ing idiots.

Warner - take that big ****ing bat and get someone to bowl your head to you so you can smack the **** out of your dip**** brain you dip****!*

* I reserve the right to completely love Warner when he scores centuries against the Pommie bastards this summer.

D

Deleted member 34141

I absolutely love CW its literally the wild west. One moment peaceful tranquillity and the next moment fireworks, the whole thing is going off :)

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There is an entire sub-section for the Ashes.

Please, for the love of nirvana, can this thread move over there?

Victor Ian

International Coach
yes - please ,move this over there - or even just delete it now - my rant eased my blood pressure

i looked for the ashes thread and couldn't find it.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Seriously! Can someone in the ICC please organise for any ****wit who says this next series is War to be taken over to Syria, dropped in the middle of gunfire, or at least shoot the ****wit a couple of times and rig their car to explode when they turn the ignition. There is so much bull**** jingoism in sport these days but ****ing 'war' has to be the worst ****ing expression ever tossed about by ****ing idiots who are too ****ing idiotic to realise they are ****ing idiots.

Warner - take that big ****ing bat and get someone to bowl your head to you so you can smack the **** out of your dip**** brain you dip****!*

* I reserve the right to completely love Warner when he scores centuries against the Pommie bastards this summer.
David Warner knows what an analogy is, do you?

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
I'm sure CA will dish out some roads for him to bat on. Warner is a complete bunny outside oz.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
My late aunt used to throw a wobbly every time a sportsman was described as a "hero." I nodded sagely in agreement from the age of about 5 to about 21 and then explained how words can be used correctly within the context of the activity that is taking place without the necessity to compare and contrast its use in other contexts. Didn't stop her though.

Moonsorrow999

U19 Debutant
I'm sure CA will dish out some roads for him to bat on. Warner is a complete bunny outside oz.
I wouldn't exactly call averaging near 40 in two continents and having a much bigger one in S.A a bunny. To be honest reading your last few posts, I'd say you're a complete bunny.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
We'd kill for a coulee of batsmen who could average 38.25 at the moment so it's hardly as shocking as you're trying to make out.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah and wasn't Warner the only consistent Australian batsman in the 2015 Ashes? I don't think he made a century but didn't he make like 5 half centuries?

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
We'd kill for a coulee of batsmen who could average 38.25 at the moment so it's hardly as shocking as you're trying to make out.
Cannot say you don't have a point.

Minnows aside, his best away series was v South Africa (2013-14) where he averaged 90.50, so he obviously likes pace and bounce.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah and wasn't Warner the only consistent Australian batsman in the 2015 Ashes? I don't think he made a century but didn't he make like 5 half centuries?
He was pretty good in that series. The frustrating thing was that he would throw his wicket away when set, often with that awful flick-jab-pull he used to have.

Spark

Global Moderator
Cannot say you don't have a point.

Minnows aside, his best away series was v South Africa (2013-14) where he averaged 90.50, so he obviously likes pace and bounce.
The standard of bowling in that series was immense though.

Victor Ian

International Coach
David Warner knows what an analogy is, do you?
Dude. I know what an analogy is, and this one is up there with the crappiest of analogies as far as they go - hence I am tired of it - I need something new and interesting. I'd suggest Warner doesn't even know he made an analogy there.

Perhaps Football is to blame for my cringing at this expression. Nevertheless I wish it could stop.