• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ashes predictions

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
England bowlers to be competitive in the first 2 tests while Shane Bond is coaching them, before getting smashed in the last 3 after he leaves.

FBU

International Debutant
i guess both of those are possible, but for certain it wont be mid tour. Both of them have played in enough tours down under and experienced 5 zip twice.......there is nothing the aussies will throw at them that will break them now.

I think a cook retirement post ashes is far more likely than jimmy. Jimmy is as good as he's ever been and i reckon he's got his eyes set on the 2019 ashes in england and 600+ test wickets. cook i'm not sure about, i don't think he got the lift he was hoping for after given up the captaincy and his form has been patchy this summer.......god knows i hope he hangs a round for a bit though. We have been unable to replace strauss ffs, we'd be ****ed if we have to try and find a replacement for cook too.
:)

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Sorry, my bad.......I didn't read your post in the context of the thread!!

Dunno about that one tbh. I mean their top order probably do ave 50 at home as you say. But **** if that happens then Jimmy and Broad won't have done their job with the new ball.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
***** will post more ****e in this sub forum than the rest of the membership combined.
That's because ***** secretly realises that the Ashes is the pinnacle of cricket and that none of his precious teams will ever be able to participate.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Remember, aids jokes = okay. Cerebral palsy jokes = not okay.
AIDS jokes weren't ok either. But now they are for some reason. Rape jokes are fine, so are cancer puns but cerebral palsy? Oh no, we draw the line there.

But I digress from the topic. Ballance will score 300+ runs this series.