• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stokes Arrested

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Yeah, can't imagine it will be long before Langer's sandgroper bias oversteps all bounds of logic and reason.

Mitchell Marsh for Test captain anyone?
Alex Carey captaining the ODI team as mooted this week - need to take the pressure off him so give Bancroft the gloves...

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Alex Carey captaining the ODI team as mooted this week - need to take the pressure off him so give Bancroft the gloves...
Carey as ODI captain would seem rather odd when he has never even led the Redbacks. These are strange times we live in.

EDIT: He has led Glenelg a few times at grade level though, and obviously there is also some leadership experience from his footy days.

Last edited:

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, can't imagine it will be long before Langer's sandgroper bias oversteps all bounds of logic and reason.

Considering I've seen people unironically touting MMarsh as a future captain it's certainly well within the realms of possibility.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Given how many batsman have been blacklisted b/c tampering, I could legitimately see it happen assuming his form against England is the new norm.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Given how many batsman have been blacklisted b/c tampering, I could legitimately see it happen assuming his form against England is the new norm.
His form in South Africa was more of a reversion to type, though he did have the one good innings. The problem he has is that he's always injured. I don't think he's a good enough bat to pick without his bowling (although his bowling's rubbish), but it's the bowling that keeps causing the injuries. Maybe he'll firm as a bat if he gives up bowling.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Poor Stokes is having such a bad few weeks that he has even seen his own personal thread hijacked by Australian team-selection discussions.