• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stokes Arrested

TNT

Banned
In the interests of the common man wouldent it be better to delay the Ashes until Stokes is available, even if he has to serve jail time so the common man thinks justice has been served the ashes could be delayed until he is released. Think of the good he could do in jail inspiring the inmates to live a better life.

Cow

Banned
In the interests of the common man wouldent it be better to delay the Ashes until Stokes is available, even if he has to serve jail time so the common man thinks justice has been served the ashes could be delayed until he is released. Think of the good he could do in jail inspiring the inmates to live a better life.

It's a really good suggestion. However, I worry that Stokes will end up just as dominating a personality in prison as he is on the cricket pitch. He could very well turn into a Charlie Bronson'esq character who ends up feared and respected but unable to be released back into the public.

This is a tightrope, one false move and English cricket will hit the rocks. English cricket and test cricket are in a symbiotic relationship, if one fails so does the other. This potential court case could end up having 'Roe vs Wade' repercussions.

the big bambino

International Captain
Today I have been reading about the 'Royal Prerogative of Mercy'. I believe there is a strong case that Ben Stokes should be pardoned of any crime, regardless of conviction, as it's currently not in the national interest.

There's a precedent here. I believe the Northern Ireland Good Friday agreement had Royal Pardons for wanted or convicted IRA terrorists as the greater interest of peace outweighed the individual punishments. The Crown, and by extension, the Home Office should issue a pardon instantly for Benjamin Andrew Stokes so he can rejoin the forces of good of their valiant crusade in the venomous lands of Australia.

I intend to pen a letter today to Amber Rudd, the embattled turd who currently resides in the Home Office to ask for this pardon to be issued. As I assume you all support this motion I have decided to add you all as co-signatories of my request. Based on your posting style I've been able to successfully surmise what your individual signatures look like. For example, I have speculated that all Australians outside of inner-city Melbourne simply use an 'X' as their signature.

Updates to follow. #PrayForBen
You’re trying too hard.

Cow

Banned
We need him back!!

We're gonna get crushed otherwise.

Too big a personality to be missing on what is probably the hardest away tour in cricket (arguably India).

Woodster

International Captain
The guy had his hands up and was backing away
Oh well as long as he’s got his hands up that’s fine, any animosity should end right there!! You can do whatever you want to someone, or be part of a group that does, but as soon as you put your hands up that resolves everything!

If you don’t want to get chinned don’t go round behaving like a weapon then panic when someone isn’t intimidated by you!!

(Of course these days you may get chinned anyway!)

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
As soon as you put your hands up and back away, it makes it really hard for the person who clocks you to say they’re acting in self defence. Which is kind of what the law will concern itself with.

You don’t get out of a potential assault charge because the person you’ve clocked was acting like a ****. You get out of it if you have acted proportionately to the threat to you.

Even if he doesn’t get an assault charge, he could well be charged with affray. He’s lucky the bloke wasn’t killed when he hit the deck.

Has anyone worked out yet whether it was Hales who sunk the slipper into the bloke on the ground? Whoever that was should definitely be charged.

Woodster

International Captain
As soon as you put your hands up and back away, it makes it really hard for the person who clocks you to say they’re acting in self defence. Which is kind of what the law will concern itself with.

You don’t get out of a potential assault charge because the person you’ve clocked was acting like a ****. You get out of it if you have acted proportionately to the threat to you.

Even if he doesn’t get an assault charge, he could well be charged with affray. He’s lucky the bloke wasn’t killed when he hit the deck.

Has anyone worked out yet whether it was Hales who sunk the slipper into the bloke on the ground? Whoever that was should definitely be charged.
Mate I quite agree it becomes difficult to claim self defence but if he still feels he was under threat he’s got a shout. It doesn’t look great for Stokes looking at the incident.

I wasn’t talking from a legal point of view anyway, over here the instigators or those that have started the trouble are invariably those that walk away and the law protects them. Those that have retaliated pay the price. I don’t know all the facts here so there’s a fair bit of guesswork on my part, but seems like the other group of lads got what they deserved but I don’t expect the law to support that.

Woodster

International Captain
I do agree with you on the person that threw in a boot when someone was on the ground getting done aswell.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
I`m thinking they all getting done is some manner... People seem to be looking innocent versus guilt side of things; generally in a bar brawl everybody is guilty. It is just how guilty?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Mate I quite agree it becomes difficult to claim self defence but if he still feels he was under threat he’s got a shout. It doesn’t look great for Stokes looking at the incident.

I wasn’t talking from a legal point of view anyway, over here the instigators or those that have started the trouble are invariably those that walk away and the law protects them. Those that have retaliated pay the price. I don’t know all the facts here so there’s a fair bit of guesswork on my part, but seems like the other group of lads got what they deserved but I don’t expect the law to support that.
Hahaha what a load of ****. Do you have any evidence whatsoever to back this up?

Burgey

It’s because of that Association football you all love, where a bloke can deliberately disintegrate an opponent’s knee but the fella who retaliates gets the red card. I can understand why people see the injustice in analogous societal situations :)

Burgey

I`m thinking they all getting done is some manner... People seem to be looking innocent versus guilt side of things; generally in a bar brawl everybody is guilty. It is just how guilty?
Could see them all getting done for affray.