• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stokes Arrested

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Knowing the aussie police these days they would regard him as something of a hero seeing he was apparently defending two homosexual chaps. They'd probably give him a free pink t-shirt and make him a speaker at their diversity courses.

edit
Although he had a Bacardi breezer in his system so I suppose the western ''alcohol free warrior' Australian constabulary would dish out a heftier fine for that alone.
Deserves to be arrested for drinking Bacardi Breezers tbh.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
I don't know. You can say many things about Stokes but I cannot believe somebody is questioning his ability to punch after that clip!!

cnerd123

likes this
I hope Benny boy notices and takes a swing. Although I think there'll be a shed load of Aussies lining up to explain that he punches much like the people he claims to have been defending.
did you just say gay people can't punch

I don't know. You can say many things about Stokes but I cannot believe somebody is questioning his ability to punch after that clip!!
did you just agree with him

eleven

Cricket Spectator
did you just say gay people can't punch
Nope. Anything you infer is a sign of your own issues. Read the whole sentence, I am explaining what I think is likely to be said to the native sheep-befriender to goad him into an incident.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Nope. Anything you infer is a sign of your own issues. Read the whole sentence, I am explaining what I think is likely to be said to the native sheep-befriender to goad him into an incident.
I think not. And what gives you the right to speak for the rest of Australia??............given 64% of Australians have just shown that they've matured beyond that bollocks, I'd say this assumption is very much your issue.

Last edited:

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
In fairness Swann was describing how they have ''no homophobia (et al)'' placards at the Gabba and basically every bit of sledging you receive from the Australian spectators is homophobic. This is on that Pomnicide podcast.

eleven

Cricket Spectator
Ah okay you think Aussie crowds will tell Stokes that they think gay people can't punch
Nope. This seems tedious to have to explain. Also, your issues are showing again.

In order to provoke a response, I expect many a bogan (may or may not be in crowds or at grounds) say something to Bacardi-ben that encourages him to react poorly (hopefully in front of a camera) because he has recently let his anger get the best of him. Given what he, or the press, have said is the reason he lashed out, I think it safe to assume something similar to what I have said to be one of the first things he hears as he gets off the plane, if not actually on the plane on the way over. He has shown something that triggers him and its likely to be tested again and again and again until it pushes him over the edge or people give up, but its not commenting on how gay people punch, its commenting on how he punches in a way to get a response. Nothing more.

cnerd123

likes this
I think not. And what gives you the right to speak for the rest of Australia??............given 64% of Australians have just shown that they've matured beyond that bollocks, I'd say this assumption is very much your issue.
tbf 64% of Australia just agreed that gay people should get married, not that they punch well.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Has Australia not been pretty hard on 'bar room' sort of fights after some guys got killed a few years ago... was there not even a campaign 'one punch can kill'? I dont know for sure, just heard about it from an Aussie friend.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yes, there are one punch laws here now that are very strict. Brought in to stop people getting king hit.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Well Stokes will be fine over here then.......he certainly didn't break any one punch laws.