• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stokes Arrested

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
and soon they won't even be able to easily pop down to Spain for a holiday to get away from it

Howe_zat

Audio File
and soon they won't even be able to easily pop down to Spain for a holiday to get away from it
The package holiday to Benidorm thing is much older than the EU situation, if that’s what what you mean. Spain wasn’t involved until the mid 90s.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Shame Franco isn’t still around. He’d sort out pissed up Pommy tourists. #justanotherpov

D

Deleted member 34141

Was just thinking the whole Incident might actually have some positive results, whereas its seen as this huge bad event for cricket, as stupid as this sounds could be a potential viral advert for the working class, god knows I’m not sure.
Overall, I would think the main area of concern would be a criminal record which would be a red flag for any employer, besides in a year the whole thing will be forgotten about anyway.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Ah, so it's only Friday and Saturday now then. That's means I can now go out safely the rest of week without seeing people knock each other out in every city.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Ah, so it's only Friday and Saturday now then. That's means I can now go out safely the rest of week without seeing people knock each other out in every city.
Newcastle can occasionally be a bit lairy on even the most innocuous of days but generally it is weekends (Fri/Sat) when the full moon comes out. I take it you do not believe me from your tone? All you have to do is put ''Bigg Market'' into google images.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Was just thinking the whole Incident might actually have some positive results, whereas its seen as this huge bad event for cricket, as stupid as this sounds could be a potential viral advert for the working class, god knows I’m not sure.
Overall, I would think the main area of concern would be a criminal record which would be a red flag for any employer, besides in a year the whole thing will be forgotten about anyway.
I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say here but I think I disagree with at least part of it.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Newcastle can occasionally be a bit lairy on even the most innocuous of days but generally it is weekends (Fri/Sat) when the full moon comes out. I take it you do not believe me from your tone? All you have to do is put ''Bigg Market'' into google images.
Funnily enough, if you do that it does absolutely nothing to back your claims up. Funny that...

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Funnily enough, if you do that it does absolutely nothing to back your claims up. Funny that...
There are ehh scenes of drunken violence, or causalities of drunken violence should I say, in the links I have posted! There are people literally with blood on themselves!

Okay okay. I'm wrong. Everybody in Britain drinks like civilised continental Europeans at the weekend into the night, a discussion, a shared bottle of pino grigio in a restaurant followed by a coffee. Everyone then goes quietly home. British streets at weekends are consequentially safe havens - Newcastle the safest of them all. The scenes witnessed in the Stokes clip are completely unprecedented in the annals of British crime; there has literally never been a drunken brawl between five or so people, one of whom gets punched to the ground, in the entirety of British history. This clearly warrant a police investigation as lengthy as one can conceive as the police will have no such dealings with such events as our cities are utopias of tranquility and order. I hope the investigation lasts five years in fact due to the extraordinary events depicted in the clip.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
This is a regular scene in any British high street on a Friday or Saturday night. The police usually, having locked the person up in the ''drunk tank'', dish out a caution and a fine the next morning. They have footage and presumably statements from all the participants. To say this is not the laziest investigation ever is hardly excessive.

When did I even imply that (should happen)?
You know ****ing nothing about this sort of thing. Please shut up.