• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stokes Arrested

Tom Flint

International Regular
...with his broken hand on show having beat a guy senseless a few days ago, for which his England career is in jeopardy (pending police investigations)

...grinning like an idiot yet following on from a forced apology for a 'sp****c impression''
Okay but we shall see the opinions of him when the story emerges.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Damn him having a bottle of beer and cigarette whilst smiling for a photo at his friends wedding.
I'm not convinced it's at a wedding, judging by the way they are all dressed.

Not that he's doing anything wrong in that particular photo afaics.

Last edited:

Tom Flint

International Regular
I'm not convinced it's at a wedding, judging by the way they are all dressed.

Not that he's doing anything wrong in that particular photo afaics.
It was jason roys wedding. Went away for the weekend i think so probably wouldnt spend the whole time in a suit and tie.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
The thing is the ECB are trying to currently political correcterise English cricket with things like the Chance to Shine and the new twenty20 which aims to get families in (i.e. more women and children) and not just octogenarians (cc) and pissed-up lads (blast). I suspect Stokes is not the poster boy they have in mind? Leads me to believe they (Strauss and Tom Harrison) might throw the book at him, that is when keystone cops finish their investigation (it took less time to solve the Great Train Robbery!).

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
It would be nice if the Police could get their findings out asap and decide if they are charging him or not.

I was surprised to See Stokes got married near Weston Super Mare...........is he not allowed to leave the county :laugh:

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Maybe I could be wrong, but the amount of time the police are taking to investigate this suggests the likelihood of Stokes not being charged is growing.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
The thing is the ECB are trying to currently political correcterise English cricket with things like the Chance to Shine and the new twenty20 which aims to get families in (i.e. more women and children) and not just octogenarians (cc) and pissed-up lads (blast). I suspect Stokes is not the poster boy they have in mind? Leads me to believe they (Strauss and Tom Harrison) might throw the book at him, that is when keystone cops finish their investigation (it took less time to solve the Great Train Robbery!).
Chance to Shine is about getting young children to play the game isn't it? Can't really see what political correctness (whatever that means anyway) has to do with it.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'd be surprised if the Police didn't finish their investigation within a few days - the delay will be while it's kicked around the CPS waiting for someone to make a decision

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
On Monday, police said they wanted to talk to two men who left the nightclub at 02:19 BST and walked in the direction of Queens Road with two other men.

"One of the men is described as white, of slim build, 5ft 9in tall and aged in his early 20s. He had short dark brown hair, was clean shaven and wore a white T-shirt with a sleeveless jumper, jeans and trainers," Avon and Somerset Police said in a statement.

"The second man is also white, 5ft 9in tall and aged in his early 20s but is of a slightly larger build. He had short light brown hair, was also clean shaven and wore a long-sleeved round neck T-shirt, dark/black skinny jeans and trainers."
Ben Stokes: Police appeal for witnesses to incident which led to England cricketer's arrest - BBC Sport

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ridiculous how long this is taking. If he wasn’t a famous sportsperson he’d have been charged by now. Calling for witnesses this long after it all happened? Constable Plod doing a great job.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If he wasn't a famous sportsperson this would have been over and done with weeks ago without any charges brought against him.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ridiculous how long this is taking. If he wasn’t a famous sportsperson he’d have been charged by now. Calling for witnesses this long after it all happened? Constable Plod doing a great job.
It's not the first time they've appealed for witnesses. Wonder why the person who's filmed the incident doesn't want to come forward (assuming he/she saw the whole thing).