• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England Ashes Squad

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
tbf he was a bit of a dick though

either way, lets not talk about KP again, I'm already regretting bringing him up

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Oh for the love of God, do we really need another Kevin Pietersen debate. He was dropped, some people think it was the right move, some don't. Going over the same debate and rehashing the same opinions won't change it.
tbf he was a bit of a dick though

either way, lets not talk about KP again, I'm already regretting bringing him up

But its an argument worth having, isn't it? A player who does not get along with a certain clique within the team is dropped but what about a player who is actually causing actual physical harm to strangers?

TheJediBrah

But its an argument worth having, isn't it? A player who does not get along with a certain clique within the team is dropped but what about a player who is actually causing actual physical harm to strangers?
I genuinely think it was other players in the dressing room that were the issue, just as much. There was some genuine ****s in that side IMO, who aggressively had it out for KP, whose only real issues were an inflated ego and excessive honesty.

From all his commentating and interviews he seems like such a genuinely nice guy.

edit: I genuinely overuse the word genuine

Last edited:

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
I do not understand a Vince recall. It is not as if he has even had a great season with 592 at 34.82.

Daemon

Sure it's worth having, but it's also been done to death and this really isn't the thread for it

TheJediBrah

On the bright side it means he'll get to play the important cricket for the Stars instead of being stuck standing around for 5 days fighting over a rickety old urn filled with dust

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Sure it's worth having, but it's also been done to death and this really isn't the thread for it

Where? FTR, I am not saying we discuss the merits/demerits of the KP situation here. Simply asking the question that if whatever KP did or allegedly did was enough to earn banishment from a team, what about behavior such as Stokes'? Dont think that argument has been had anywhere here at CW.

Daemon

Where? FTR, I am not saying we discuss the merits/demerits of the KP situation here. Simply asking the question that if whatever KP did or allegedly did was enough to earn banishment from a team, what about behavior such as Stokes'? Dont think that argument has been had anywhere here at CW.
My bad, didn't really read your post lol

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Don't know what the hell Vince has done this season to earn a place.
I do not understand a Vince recall. It is not as if he has even had a great season with 592 at 34.82.
Yeah, Vince smacks of wishful thinking. The desire to have a "strokemaker" at 3, presumably.

Coveniently glossing over his repeated failings in his last (extended) run. I think, of all the tyros we've tried recently, he might be the only one without even a 50 in tests to burnish the mediocrity.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Anybody see the delivery Matt Parkinson bowled Mark Stoneman with on Monday?

His very own 'ball of the century' - he's a better bet than Mason Crane imo

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I'd go

1. Cook 2. Stoneman 3. Vince (lol) 4. Root 5. Ballance 6. Stokes 7. Bairstow 8. Moeen 9. Woakes 10. Broad 11. Anderson

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Joe Root (capt), Alastair Cook, Mark Stoneman, Dawid Malan, Gary Ballance, James Vince, Ben Stokes, Jonny Bairstow (wk), Ben Foakes (wk), Moeen Ali, Chris Woakes, Stuart Broad, James Anderson, Jake Ball, Mason Crane, Craig Overton.

Sorry I had to copy and paste from the BBC website in the hope some of the names might change.

Gremlin

U19 Vice-Captain
Blimey.

I have always been in favour of bringing in Foakes at 8 with Bairstow batting at 5. This squad makes it look a necessary option.

My starting 11...

1.Cook
2.Stoneman
3. Whoever
4. Root
5. Bairstow
6. Stokes
7. Ali
8. Foakes
9. Woakes
10. Broad
11. Anderson

Groundking

International Debutant
What the actual **** is this team selection, the only good thing is C Overton and Foakes. I'd go with the following line up as **** our selectors:

Cook
Stoneman
Root
Malan
Bairstow
Stokes
Ali
Foakes (WK)
Woakes/Overton
Broad
Anderson

Gnske