• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Road to the 2017-18 Ashes in Australia

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Won't defend the Gabba when it's empty. But it's pretty amazing when full.

I saw the Windies play in Adelaide a few years back while the renovations were happening. I got sunburned from the glare and was freezing my arse off both days in the Chappell stands. And bloody Watson got out for 96 just before I walked in.
404 image not found

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Remember at the start of the season when S Kennedy was hating on the selectors for not picking Westley and Stoneman, now the continued thing for Northeast, presumably because of his name.

Cricket banter is great when people get it right, excruciating when you get it wrong. I find Edgbaston to almost always be cretinous, but hey Brummies.
Haha so good.

Is the Perth Test at the WACA or that God forsaken AFL Gabba clone?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is there going to be an Ashes sub-forum this year? It's the only bilateral series in any format worthy of one.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Come on, his tour won't be that ****. No George Bailey to hammer him for 28 runs in an over this time.

OverratedSanity

Looking forward to Anderson getting a couple of wickets and the English immediately proclaiming him this great overseas bowler. Obviously he'll then revert to type and be garbage the rest of the tour and we'll be told that he conveniently stubbed his toe and thus wasn't fit or something.

Last edited:

Gob

International Coach
Looking forward to Anderson getting a couple of wickets and the English immediately proclaiming him this great overseas bowler. Obviously he'll then revert to type and be garbage the rest of the tour and we'll be told that he conveniently stubbed his toe and thus wasn't fit or something.
Didn't check the schedule but if there's a day nighter in Adeilaide thats his best chance of taking a bag. Warner will handle him in most other venues.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
lol

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
**** off OS........Ashes trash talk is for Poms and Cons only.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Remember at the start of the season when S Kennedy was hating on the selectors for not picking Westley and Stoneman, now the continued thing for Northeast, presumably because of his name.

Cricket banter is great when people get it right, excruciating when you get it wrong. I find Edgbaston to almost always be cretinous, but hey Brummies.
They are not exclusive and I'd say Stoneman is who they just continue with. Drop Malan for Northeast and that is a batting line-up that would succeed.

TheJediBrah

Way too much real life

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
It is an interesting situation for England, Anderson has strong recent form but a mediocre overall Ashes record, where as Broad has a much better Ashes record but his form of late has been patchy. The chance that they will both be effective is remote at best, hopefully Australia can capitalise.

Groundking

International Debutant
It is an interesting situation for England, Anderson has strong recent form but a mediocre overall Ashes record, where as Broad has a much better Ashes record but his form of late has been patchy. The chance that they will both be effective is remote at best, hopefully Australia can capitalise.
Except Jimmy has had a better series in Australia than Broad has (Jimmy took 24 @ 26.04 in 10/11 vs Broad's 21 @ 27.52 in 13/14).