• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at the Oval

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I am putting that Siddle spell into my top 50 spells I have ever seen. Only got one wicket but asked many questions. Fine piece of test match bowling. All that sitting on the sidelines made him really think about his bowling and how to be effective.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Thought it might be this guy & turns out it is;

John Parker - NZ, 16 innings, 313 runs @ 19.56 HS 108

So at least Lyth is spared that ignominy.
Took a one week coaching course from John Parker. Sat around mostly cracked a few jokes, and didn't teach us a heck of a lot. He discussed the backlift with us for an hour, which was helpful though.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
If Buttler was in the side as a batsman he would be being questioned just as much as Lyth.

As silly as it sounds Buttler probably has a bit in the bank from his ODI form in the selectors mind too.
Averaging less than Lyth for the series.

But, yeah, Buttler actually looks like a test player in bad form rather than a county pro out of his depth.

Can't be too many openers who've played in all 5 tests of any series who've averaged fewer, actually.

Compton

International Debutant
Steve Smith is probably the only player in the series that could be deemed to have disappointed whilst averaging over 56 with the bat.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I feel badly for Lyth here. I don't think he did much wrong in that inning including his dismissal. Still his dismissal in the first inning was his fault and he has to accept accountability for many of the other failures.

Farewell Lyth. God speed in county cricket.

Riggins

International Captain
This is, by a wide wide margin, the best channel 9 interview ever. Maybe their best non-matchpay work ever too.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
what about greigie pushing memorabilia onto us like hayden's 380 a week after he scored it or warnie's 700th the day after

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is, by a wide wide margin, the best channel 9 interview ever. Maybe their best non-matchpay work ever too.
It's even better when you picture the disappointment on Warne's face when he gets the news that Tubby is doing the interview and not him

Last edited:

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Why the heck wasn't Siddle picked until we'd lost the Ashes? McGrath-esque his spell earlier. The selectors really do have a lot to answer for. Siddle, Hazlewood + one of Starc or Johnson should have been our bowling attack from the beginning if the selectors had have been doing their job.

Riggins

International Captain
The last half hour has been the first chance i've had to watch any of this match, so forgive me if its been covered plenty, but is n00fers still around or has he drowned in a sea of clover?

Riggins

International Captain
It's even better when you picture the disappointment on Warne's face when he gets the news that Tubby is doing the interview and not him

Combined with Siddle becoming the media's new reverse-scapegoat after Warney's continually bagged him.

dermo

International Vice-Captain
still reckon haze and patto get picked over siddle when they're fit, as good as the vegan has been here