• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at the Oval

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Darren Berry ‏@ChuckBerry1969 1m1 minute ago
So pleased 2 see @petersiddle403 back where he belongs Big heart fantastic team man Should have played once Harris was ruled out #heartnsoul

Unemployed coach Darren Berry has his say
That will teach Darren Berry for making his password as ilovezampa

Compton

International Debutant
Why risk Cummins in a dead rubber? Let him continue his recovery and get some first class wickets under his belt.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Lies, damn lies and statistics and all that, but a little surprised to see Hazelwood has taken 5 more wickets than Johnson this series.

Not been a peep about MJ's spot and it was almost a given Haze was gone for the day.

Compton

International Debutant
He's been playing since the start of last summer. He's not returning from injury.
In terms of returning to cricket, he absolutely is still returning from injury. He's returning from injury until he's consistently playing first class cricket again.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just starting watching after reading the wicket was green.

Jeez really? Unless I'm blind, all I see is a few small tinges of green.

Could be a good toss to lose.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Still a brave call to bowl first at The Oval.

And an interesting interview with Clarke, saying he 'can't wait' until it's all over and he's retired. Admirable honesty, but it that really what his team wanted to hear before this test?

Flem274*

123/5
Still a brave call to bowl first at The Oval.

And an interesting interview with Clarke, saying he 'can't wait' until it's all over and he's retired. Admirable honesty, but it that really what his team wanted to hear before this test?
i didn't hear it but if it's like how you present it, he probably doesn't give a **** how it sounds because as the man said, he can't wait to be retired.

91Jmay

International Coach
The problem is there's no-one in County cricket that looks remotely what we do need. FFS, I'm a huge Moeen fan-boy, but if we has another Swann, I'd want him out of the sideimmediatly.

Is there one England bowler that could bowl long economical spells and be a controlling influence in Tests. I mean Tredders was the other one to play, Monty is **** now, Kerrigan has never seemed to recover. In the end the Beard has proven he turns the ball and can get good bats out, maybe Rashid could do the same, but he's likely to go for just as many, he's not exactly metronomic.

Ansari and Borthwick are similar-type players too.

If anyone mentions Gareth Batty I might cry.
Yeah I wasn't suggesting dropping Moeen, I was just saying we don't have a good spinner so might as well pick Moeen who is the best number 8 in the world and occasionally picks up a wicket or two (also has a knack of getting good players out as well).

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Why is Siddle being 30 a thing with the comms?

Johnson's 33 (IIRC) and has had rather more cricket than the Vic bananaphile.

Plus, obvz, big heart, runs in all day, etc...

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
In fairness to Broad they were nicking these wide ones all morning long at Trent Bridge. Just needs to be a touch straighter IMO.

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
Fair enough IMO. Think the ankle issue Bumble was referring to may have slowed him a touch this series. Against NZ, I recall him consistently around the 89-90 mph region, with a couple over 93 mph.
Interesting that Bumble was saying he is thinking about altering his run up. Its even more mad when you watch it live than on TV.