• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

So Ricky Ponting thinks 8 of this Aussie squad will never play test cricket again

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Coupled with Sanga's retirement, 24th August is going to be a landmark day for cricket. Sanga, Clarke, Rogers all playing their last cricket on the same day. End of an era. And yeah, probably Watson and Siddle too.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
WC to me and I don't understand how people could say any different
Because it's subjective and people place their own value on these contests. For me it's the Ashes but I don't for a second say you are wrong for your pov.......so I really don't get what you don't understand.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
i feel so strongly about the WC meaning more than the Ashes I dont understand how people could feel different. That better?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I feel so strongly about Test Cricket being the pinnacle that I don't understand how people could value the ODI World Cup over the Ashes which basically the de facto Test world championship :ph34r:

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Typically Ashes. However, this was like the 5th Ashes series in 6 years and the first home WC in 23 years....

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
every team competing as opposed to two teams. i dont mean to insult the rich 150 year history or whatever but sorry australia, sorry england, we're not that important

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
I feel so strongly about Test Cricket being the pinnacle that I don't understand how people could value the ODI World Cup over the Ashes which basically the de facto Test world championship :ph34r:
How is it the defacto world championships when South Africa is the best test team? What about Ashes in the mid80s when England and Australia were only better than Sri Lanka who were newbie minnows at that stage? Or in late 90s when England were the worst in the world (far weaker than Zim)?

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
How is it the defacto world championships when South Africa is the best test team? What about Ashes in the mid80s when England and Australia were only better than Sri Lanka who were newbie minnows at that stage? Or in late 90s when England were the worst in the world (far weaker than Zim)?
The winner of this test will be ranked no2 in the world, but Pakistan is better than both sides and NZ might be too.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Because no one cares about South Africa.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Never heard of any of these other teams you mention, sorry