• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Furious with Decision

broadyfan94

Cricket Spectator
Was it just me who was furious at the person who decided to send in a night watchman when we were 208 runs ahead with 6 wickets remaining. A completely pointless decision. I was wanting Broad to come out because I felt that being 208 ahead the game was in the bag and after Broad's heroics with the ball he deserved to come in a bit early to try and make a big score. However if Stokes had come out I would not have been too bothered but to bring a night watchman out instead of broad is a pathetic and a ludicrous decision. Really hope Broad is allowed out to bat earlier than 10.

All in all it was a glorious day of cricket however who feels cook needs a good slapping after that embarrassment of a decision. Being negative 208 runs ahead instead of rewarding the man who has won you the game. I'm all for a consistent batting order however I feel from time to time the game situation allows you to change it so if woods is the first man out Cook has no excuses he needs to put broad on.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I was a bit disappointed too, but I'm sure Cook is adopting a Jardinian view on this and he wants to grind Australia into the dust - I think he wants 600+ and to beat the Australians winning margin at Lord's, and if he thinks that sending in a nightwatchman is the best way to do that then I'm sure he's right

I am fairly sure that Broady would not want to be nightwatchman these days.

His batting has been a matter of growing back confidence since that bouncer hit him in the head. Given that, why send him out earlier than strictly necessary?

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
the only good reason to be would be to get his batting out of the way early so he's fresh to bowl at the start of the Aussie second innings, but then I can't imagine Cook would be daft enough to let him get involved in an hour long last wicket stand anyway

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Here's an idea if you're furious: go to the fridge, get out a can of Calm the **** Down Juice and pour yourself a nice, tall glass.

While sipping on it, you might want to reflect that England are 214 runs ahead and could potentially have regained the Ashes in a few days time.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Here's an idea if you're furious: go to the fridge, get out a can of Calm the **** Down Juice and pour yourself a nice, tall glass.

While sipping on it, you might want to reflect that England are 214 runs ahead and could potentially have regained the Ashes in a few days time.
A few days?

6pm tonight IMO

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Right move for me. It is only day 1 and there was no benefit in sending Stokes (a notoriously bad starter) out for a 15 minute spell then face him have to start all over again today.

Compton

International Debutant
England are light years ahead in this test match. Why risk Australia getting out another one of your batsman at the end of a day you've absolutely dominated?

King Pietersen

International Captain
We've absolutely dominated a whole days play, and all you're worried about is using a nightwatchman for the last 4 overs. ****ing get over it.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Why on earth would Broad come out to bat? Can understand not wanting the nightwatchman (though I thought it was hilarious) but jeez

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I am glad we trolled with Wood, be funny seeing him score a few today and the Aussies will know we have Stokes, Buttler and Ali to come.