• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Should wickets taken against Australia count in an analysis of a player's career?

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
But not in tests though. The South Africa tests were not completed but I doubt they would have won either. Not even the first test where they did not press home the advantage and South Africa just have too much experience coming back from such situations.
South Africa are a far better team than Australia in the subcontinent tbf.

cnerd123

likes this
But not in tests though. The South Africa tests were not completed but I doubt they would have won either. Not even the first test where they did not press home the advantage and South Africa just have too much experience coming back from such situations.
Saving this quote too.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Australia/Bangladesh isn't hitting "lol Bangladesh are favourites lolStraya" levels yet, but with the way Bangladesh have improved and Australia's struggles in turning conditions, I could see it being a far more competitive series than people would consider it on paper.

That said, it's very pitch-dependent. Roads and Australia will dominate (Starc/Johnson probably too quick for Bangladesh to consistently excel against, while Warner/Smith murder the spinners all day), but if they produce slow, seam-y turners, Bangladesh could certainly be a handful.

morgieb

Australia/Bangladesh isn't hitting "lol Bangladesh are favourites lolStraya" levels yet, but with the way Bangladesh have improved and Australia's struggles in turning conditions, I could see it being a far more competitive series than people would consider it on paper.

That said, it's very pitch-dependent. Roads and Australia will dominate (Starc/Johnson probably too quick for Bangladesh to consistently excel against, while Warner/Smith murder the spinners all day), but if they produce slow, seam-y turners, Bangladesh could certainly be a handful.
Yeah that's a fair call, some of those Bangladeshi wickets can be an utter joke.

(as in stupidly flat)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Here's a question.

Would Furball have started this thread if it had been Jimmy with the 8fer?

Answer is no, ftr.

:ph34r:

flibbertyjibber

Warner has a solid record in England, Smith also doubled up at Lords albeit on a road. Still quality players for me.
Warner averages 31 in England and hasn't got a ton. Then again that is quite good for an Aussie in this side,

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Here's a question.

Answer is no, ftr.

Here's a question.

Would Furball have started this thread if it had been England bowled out for 60?

Answer is yes, ftr. Perfect chance for an anti-Bell rant.

Niall

International Coach
From what I hear, he is said to lack the fitness for the longer version
Yeah heard the same thing, shame because he does look a serious talent.

The pitch will be key, Bangla do love producing a road which normally does benefit them as so often they are content with draws. However I hope we get something more lively as a nothing pitch will suit Australia perfectly.

Flem274*

123/5
bangla strip of rolled mud that they love so much would suit them fine. that's what they'll put out too, and bat to #8 to ensure plenty of three innings draws.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Here's a question.

Answer is no, ftr.

Anderson's getting the payback for bowling to a great lineup in 06.

Broad's cashed in against spuds and clowns.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Still, his record against the spuds and clowns is far and above beyond any other England bowler against them

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Still, his record against the spuds and clowns is far and above beyond any other England bowler against them
While this is true Anderson's superiority against Bangladesh and Zimbabwe is more of a factor in rating the two IMO.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
To be honest, the last time they played a test series, Australia almost lost a test match, and it was a dropped catch by Mortaza that gifted them the game. And it wasn't even this new BD side.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
lol nah, Aus aren't playing their best but they're no India/South Africa. They won't have any trouble demolishing Bangladesh even in the most unfriendly conditions.
They are 50 times worse at playing spin than India and South Africa.

OverratedSanity

lol nah, Aus aren't playing their best but they're no India/South Africa. They won't have any trouble demolishing Bangladesh even in the most unfriendly conditions.
Bowling wise they absolutely could blow BD away. But they're far far more prone to collapsing in a heap to them than virtually any other team in the world right now, let alone SA/India