• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at Trent Bridge

smash84

The Tiger King
I think I'd be right in saying Australia are the worst 'leaving' side in world cricket by some margin. All of their top order - Rogers apart - consistently want to feel bat on ball, especially early. So it's no surprise when the conditions suit swing bowling, they end up crumbling to pitiful totals like this one. They're a one-trick pony side. No side can claim to be great when they go to water like they have over the last 12 months to swing bowling (in both formats)
tbf I don't think anybody claimed that this Aus side was great. They aren't even great losers perhaps

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Stuart Broad is turning into a new Anderson for years to come
Clubbing people together lazily. Gets my goat. Broad and Anderson are very different as bowlers. On bowls it in the right areas most of the game. The other bowls these wonderful spells and has a pitch map all over the place in quite a few other games.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
Clubbing people together lazily. Gets my goat. Broad and Anderson are very different as bowlers. On bowls it in the right areas most of the game. The other bowls these wonderful spells and has a pitch map all over the place in quite a few other games.
This is much more of a cliche than the post you quoted.

Spark

Global Moderator
Not in the last two years it isn't, with the exception of the period when he was coming back from injury.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Not in the last two years it isn't, with the exception of the period when he was coming back from injury.
Broad isn't as all over the place as say, Jordan, or even Stokes were in the West Indies. He does tend to have a pitch map which is more diverse compared to Anderson's, in the sense that he bowls it short and at times too short, and then full. Some times it's harmful, many times it isn't. It is definitely a different pitch map to Anderson's any ways who bowling is much more good length.

howardj

International Coach
What a debacle

I think the wider question is why we have barely put up a yelp in a Series that we were apparently 'setting ourselves for'

Time for regime change - the side is clearly not responding in any way to the current leadership

We've been woeful - with the Series on the line, we've produced 461 runs in our last three innings at an average of 15 per wicket

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I was actually going to retort to your "batting by tea" post with "try lunch mate" but got distracted by the wee one. Would have been my greatest post.

howardj

International Coach
lol at Clarke's shot

'attack, attack, attack'

it's like he cares more about living up to Warnie's mantra than tailoring things to suit the circumstances

Furball

Evil Scotsman
lol at Clarke's shot

'attack, attack, attack'

it's like he cares more about living up to Warnie's mantra than tailoring things to suit the circumstances
It looks bad but it was a wide half volley. An in-form Clarke sticks that away to the fence with no fuss.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Honestly, there's no way in my mind that Clarke's body isn't contributing to his issues. That french cut; he just can't get his weight through his knees.

EDIT: was very similar to how he looked spooning to point off Broad in Cardiff.
Not sure how long Clarke can carry on. Injury apart, which has taken a toll and is the main reason of concern, he has played a lot of matches too. 110 plus tests and 240 plus ODIs is a fair bit, which is bound to have it's own physical impact.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
lol at Clarke's shot

'attack, attack, attack'

Well at times I've been feeling this throughout the series, often more about his captaincy TBH.

Riggins

International Captain
What a scorecard to wake up to. If the 400 is ever gonna get broken then this is the time. Go Norris go.