• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at Trent Bridge

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
Some England supporters (including GIMH IIRC) were furious during the West Indies series that Stuart Broad still opens the bowling for England.
At the time he had lost his action and was bowling 75mph. There was a reason people wanted the new ball taken off him.

91Jmay

International Coach
Someone mentioned it in the English Domestic thread, but 100% would rest Root for the ODI series given his back is a little dodgy.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Some England supporters (including GIMH IIRC) were furious during the West Indies series that Stuart Broad still opens the bowling for England.
Nope. May have mentioned that he performs better at first change (generally in his career his best spells have been with a slightly older ball, much like Freddie) but certainly have never been furious about it. I guess you just really wanted to try and score some points over me given nearly everything else you have said this summer has been wrong.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Other than that match-winning ODi innings, Bairstow has looked horrible his entire International career.

50 for Rooteh. He's unbelievably good.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Other than that match-winning ODi innings, Bairstow has looked horrible his entire International career.

50 for Rooteh. He's unbelievably good.
Now I know he was only there because a certain someone was dropped, but he looked pretty decent at Lords against South Africa here.

Mind you mostly you're right.

grecian

Someone mentioned it in the English Domestic thread, but 100% would rest Root for the ODI series given his back is a little dodgy.
I wouldn't mind, hey if it's playing up, and if we win this match, give him a break for Oval too. Give Taylor another go.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I was one of them but only because he always struggles when coming back from injury and had laboured longer this time than ever before.

Also he has never been a great new ball bowler anyway.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yup, the more I've seen him recently, the more I think he's marginally the best of the Root-KW-Smith trio atm.
I'd not complain if KW was ranked ahead of him.Both class, Smith is amazingly good but the other pair just look a class above when on song.

grecian

Why are so many replying to Welldone's desperate trolling, we all remember why people wanted him not opening, and as Gimp said he's desperatly trying to flail around for something he's been right about, which really isn't easy for him ATM.

Anyway, I know it is a cliche, but Root genuinely is looking like he's batting on a different pitch to everyone else in the day so far.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I'd not complain if KW was ranked ahead of him.Both class, Smith is amazingly good but the other pair just look a class above when on song.
I think whichever order you put it in you would have Smith as one end or the other. He's the odd one one whereas the other two could swap mid innings and you might not notice