Page 2 of 165 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
Like Tree828Likes

Thread: *Official* Fourth Test at Trent Bridge

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend OverratedSanity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Pietersen View Post
    There's not an international bowler that hasn't got Watson LBW is there?
    Shane Watson
    Ferraz likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by weldone View Post
    Wow baby, that gave me an orgasmic pleasure!
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaagarkarajaaja View Post
    All Prasie to Ajit Bhalchandra Agarkar, the pride of Mumbai, the terminator at Adelaide.
    Quote Originally Posted by VoL View Post
    I've joined this forum, just so that i can agree with OverratedSanity...

Quote Originally Posted by Cabinet96 View Post
    Because Anderson is not playing. Even though Broad, Wood and Finn have all got him out LBW, probably more.
    Bres should be brought back if the objective is to get Watto LBW, Howe Zat to back this thought up.

Anyway, Ponting going to stay, which is good news, hope it means less Warne.

Even though this masterclass segment coming up was fun, and it included Heals and Warne, just goes to show when they just talk about their own cricketing expertise they don't have to be imbecilic ****wits.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

Warne wants Smarsh at 4 rather than 5 for the right hand left hand split. You know, so that's there three lefties in the top four and three righties at 5-7.
    Michael Clarke likes this.

International Regular theegyptian's Avatar
    Would definitely like a swing bowler at TB. Would kind of be a gamble though.

It'll be gamble whoever basically. I think they'll go Wood now and that's probably right. Before this test I'd have been really worried about Wood, Finn, Stokes, Ali as none give control and Finn is the only proven wickettaker(and that had to be reproven) but as FInn bowled so well this game I think they'll be slightly more confident that the attack won't totally lose the plot.

If Woakes had played more cricket they might of have thought about picking him and dropping Ali in favour of whoever they consider the best spinner.

Quote Originally Posted by 91Jmay View Post
    I can't remember who it was but someone mentioned Jimmy getting injured pre-test match (cursed him) and said Rushworth could be an interesting like for like. He could go the way of Pattinson but at Trent Bridge not many better places for him to bowl (which is what we said about Pattinson @ Headingly).
    I got so confused the first time reading this
    do you think people will be allowed to make violins?
    who's going to make the violins?

forever 63*

International Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    I got so confused the first time reading this
    The better Pattinson not that perma-injured moody shunt.

Warner
    Rogers
    Smith
    S Marsh
    Clarke
    Nevill
    M Marsh
    Johnson
    Starc
    Hazlewood
    Lyon

Marsh deserves his chance and Voges just isn't going to cut it at Test level. He's as well batting higher up the order where he can protect Clarke, who looks desperate to bat at 5 again. Mitch Marsh looks like he's batting a place too high, IMO. Starc doesn't deserve to play the next match, but I just don't see the selectors calling up Siddle or Cummins to replace him.

Had a random thought about Onions for this. TB should be his kinda ground and he is/was the closest thing we have to a poor man's Jimmeh.

Not even sure if Onions is still a thing even though.

Lyth has to go too, surely? Not making 40 once in six digs isn't cutting the Coleman's at this level.

Hales to debut at home? The script is written. Notoriously dire starter though he may be.
    indiaholic likes this.
    Cricket Web's current Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"Like queuing at the post office, or a cardboard cup of weak milky tea there is a quality of slightly clichéd but still beautifully reassuring Englishness about watching Cook bat"
    - Barney Ronay

International Vice-Captain dermo's Avatar
    marsh stays at 6 imo, it's where he'll be for a while so needs to be given time to make it his own

smarsh in for voges at 4 and clarke down to 5 is the obvious change that needs to be made, aside from that this is our strongest team with the players available and one poor test doesn't change that
    adub and Swingpanzee like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Dean Jones was my favourite player.

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Had a random thought about Onions for this. TB should be his kinda ground and he is/was the closest thing we have to a poor man's Jimmeh.

Not even sure if Onions is still a thing even though.

Lyth has to go too, surely? Not making 40 once in six digs isn't cutting the Coleman's at this level.

Hales to debut at home? The script is written. Notoriously dire starter though he may be.
    Last time I checked the county averages Onions was doing pretty pish (yes I know the averages aren't the be all and end all.)

Funnily enough, just before Jimmeh got injured I kinda thought this series might turn out a bit like the India series last season - after defeat at Lord's we get swinging conditions and an opposition lineup that can't handle Anderson and Broad at their best.

Stokes needs to step up his game; I don't follow County Cricket to know who the obvious replacement for Anderson is. As long as it's not Jordan.
    ​63*

Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    Come on Lancashire!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Let it be known for the record that the font in the top of the picture noted that Kohli was wearing Jimmy Choo shoes and Happy Socks

Quote Originally Posted by theegyptian View Post
    It'll be gamble whoever basically. I think they'll go Wood now and that's probably right. Before this test I'd have been really worried about Wood, Finn, Stokes, Ali as none give control and Finn is the only proven wickettaker(and that had to be reproven) but as FInn bowled so well this game I think they'll be slightly more confident that the attack won't totally lose the plot.

If Woakes had played more cricket they might of have thought about picking him and dropping Ali in favour of whoever they consider the best spinner.
    I still worry about a Jimmyless attack, even when he's not on it, as long as he's not bowling complete trash then the attack seems to take the lead from him.

Jordan is injured anyway.
    RIP Philip Hughes - 1988-2014

The Wheel of Mediocrity | Compton, Root, Carberry, Robson, Trott, Lyth, Moeen, Hales | The wheel is forever

Founder and Grand Wizard of the CW Football Thread Statluminati. Potential hater of abilities. Blocked on twitter by Michael Vaughan, Brad McNamara and AtlCricket for my hard hitting truths.

Onions not even playing for Durham in one-day stuff, actually he bizarrely played against England under-19s for the Unicorns the last few days, suffice to say he isn't what he was.

Bresnan actually through all the HZ baiting, would make much more sense. Swings it great record at Trent Bridge, playing ok for Yorkshire.

Said it all summer, without Anderson we must call for Sidebottom. I mean seriously how great would that be.

Wood should be fine though, he has been rather unfortunate in missing the Test that has had the best conditions for bowling.

International Debutant LegionOfBrad's Avatar
    Sexy chocolate is technically retired as an international.

He's an absolute champ though. Held the team together in the late 2000s.

I would love a near 40 yr old to bowl us to victory in the Ashes, and would be a great middle finger to Duncan Fletcher who refused to pick him for all those years.

Page 2 of 165 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread Information