• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at Trent Bridge

Spark

Global Moderator
Based on how this series is going I fully expect England to make 1000 first dig, Aus to reply with 500, England to fold for 100 then Aus to chase 600 for the loss of three wickets.

91Jmay

International Coach
Wood/Finn will be a threat to take wickets but could also get clattered around. Will be difficult without Jimmy to control the new ball though, and still issues with top order and Bairstow. Also Jos Buttler needs some runs as well which isn't mentioned much but he is very unproven in first class cricket generally.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
I really worry that we're about to see how lucky we've been to have an injury-free Jimmy for most of the last 6 years. I remember a game against Sri Lanka in '11 (?) where Broad, Finn and Tremlett were all over the place the whole game.

91Jmay

International Coach
I can't remember who it was but someone mentioned Jimmy getting injured pre-test match (cursed him) and said Rushworth could be an interesting like for like. He could go the way of Pattinson but at Trent Bridge not many better places for him to bowl (which is what we said about Pattinson @ Headingly).

91Jmay

International Coach
Would definitely like a swing bowler at TB. Would kind of be a gamble though.
Yeah, if they produce a pitch with some seam in it Wood/Finn/Broad could be a really dangerous combo but if we don't strike with the new ball it is also a combo that could see them 380/3 close of play.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Warne wants Smarsh at 4 rather than 5 for the right hand left hand split. You know, so that's there three lefties in the top four and three righties at 5-7.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Warne wants Smarsh at 4 rather than 5 for the right hand left hand split. You know, so that's there three lefties in the top four and three righties at 5-7.
He thinks Watto should be in contention too, gotta love him.

91Jmay

International Coach
Nasser just ****ting all over Warne. Beautiful to see (he is also dead right, dropping Starc and bringing back Watson is the stupidest ****ing thing I've ever heard).

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Because Anderson is not playing. Even though Broad, Wood and Finn have all got him out LBW, probably more.
Bres should be brought back if the objective is to get Watto LBW, Howe Zat to back this thought up.

Anyway, Ponting going to stay, which is good news, hope it means less Warne.

Even though this masterclass segment coming up was fun, and it included Heals and Warne, just goes to show when they just talk about their own cricketing expertise they don't have to be imbecilic ****wits.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Would definitely like a swing bowler at TB. Would kind of be a gamble though.

It'll be gamble whoever basically. I think they'll go Wood now and that's probably right. Before this test I'd have been really worried about Wood, Finn, Stokes, Ali as none give control and Finn is the only proven wickettaker(and that had to be reproven) but as FInn bowled so well this game I think they'll be slightly more confident that the attack won't totally lose the plot.

If Woakes had played more cricket they might of have thought about picking him and dropping Ali in favour of whoever they consider the best spinner.

Spark

Global Moderator
I can't remember who it was but someone mentioned Jimmy getting injured pre-test match (cursed him) and said Rushworth could be an interesting like for like. He could go the way of Pattinson but at Trent Bridge not many better places for him to bowl (which is what we said about Pattinson @ Headingly).
I got so confused the first time reading this