• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at Trent Bridge

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
At the end of the day, do you think this pitch will be worse to bat on on days 2 and 3? If the answer is no, bowl first, given the overcast conditions. If you don't get early wickets then so be it, you probably wouldn't if you batted first anyway.

jan

State Vice-Captain
A Marsh swap?
Spark and Howe in the com box?
Are AUS going to win this? Because tehy should!
Should be able to watch more or less the whole day today :yes:

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Interesting that Australia have changed their "drop a batsman after every test loss" to "drop the all-rounder after every test loss".

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah surely no one will even think about batting on that.
I don''t know, it's actually very seldom that Australia bowl first, and while the wicket looks fresh, it's hardly up there with the greenest we've seen for sometimes. Add to that the nightmare Aussies are still having today over Ponting's decision to bowl first in Edgbaston in '05.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
:laugh: Clarke's response to the "what would you have done?" question. Looked like he was about to cry.

Swingpanzee

International Regular
hmm MMarsh was bowling okay, would have preferred Voges to go but the extra batsman might be handy, and by handy I hope it's more than an extra 5 runs

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I don''t know, it's actually very seldom that Australia bowl first, and while the wicket looks fresh, it's hardly up there with the greenest we've seen for sometimes. Add to that the nightmare Aussies are still having today over Ponting's decision to bowl first in Edgbaston in '05.
I don't think it is a green top either, Even though it has patches of grass.

Gob

International Coach
hmm MMarsh was bowling okay, would have preferred Voges to go but the extra batsman might be handy, and by handy I hope it's more than an extra 5 runs
Yeah if they bowl well they won't need a 5th bowling option.

Bat the day out and win...highly unlikely though