• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at Trent Bridge

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
He won't have the chance, he will be politely told to retire after this series.

Anyway Bangla have a few lively bowlers, no reason why they don't own him.
That will be a shame if they ask him to retire.

Ponting had a horrible Ashes 2010 too..but they politely asked him to leave captaincy and allowed him to bat for 2 more years. Why not with Clarke?

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
I'd be surprised if it was a hamstring from Stokes as he ran off. Hopefully cramp or they'll have to reshuffle at the Oval probably with Moeen at 6.

Niall

International Coach

Ponting had a horrible Ashes 2010 too..but they politely asked him to leave captaincy and allowed him to bat for 2 more years. Why not with Clarke?
Because his back is ****ed and he does not look like he will score any runs?

Lets forget Bangladesh for a minute, would you fancy him to score runs against Southee and Boult next series?

He looks absolutely finished sadly.

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant

It's his batting that's the problem though. Coupled with his back.

Compton

International Debutant
Voges to battle to 50 here so he can fail twice at the Oval? Nice place to end a test career I suppose.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Ball moved late on Clarke and that did him. Not terrible tbf. The first innings dismissals for half the team were worse IMO.

Compton

International Debutant

Because the weight of the captaincy isn't the problem, it's the weight of the lead in his boots.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain

Lets forget Bangladesh for a minute, would you fancy him to score runs against Southee and Boult next series?

We need him in the short term. Darsh is rubbish and over 30. Voges is rubbish. Bring in an opener for Rogers and Burns. That's 2 top order changes. I'd rather wait a few series before having to replace Clarke also.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year

Look I can't predict whether he will score runs or not, but I have seen the Tendulkars and the Laras struggle to put bat to ball in a series and then find form again.

Would Maxwell/Faulkner/M Marsh ever work in the same test side?Saw a tweet from an Aussie journo a couple of months ago saying Cricket Australia were really keen on working with Faulkner and Maxwell to integrate them into the test side in the future.
Forgetting M Marsh, to get Faulkner (8) and Maxwell (6) in the Australian team, Lyon, or one of the three front line seamers gets dropped.

pietersenrocks

U19 Vice-Captain
Just read Lehmann's comment about going hard at the ball to make it stop swinging. I watched a few deliveries live online and there is no way the ball would stop swinging here :D