• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at Trent Bridge

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Would Maxwell/Faulkner/M Marsh ever work in the same test side?Saw a tweet from an Aussie journo a couple of months ago saying Cricket Australia were really keen on working with Faulkner and Maxwell to integrate them into the test side in the future.
All 3 of them? No, it wouldn't work. Two could work but I don't think we should be going into a match with 2 of those bats inside the top 6 and that is what is needed if you want all 3 in your XI. These conditions are probably the worst for it, but you could kind of imagine Maxwell with one of the other two in some conditions.

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
****ing hell Clarke has no clue right now.

And wow lol they actually moved the fielder 5 yards to exactly where Smith went through and he hit it right to him. Bellend.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
did anyone find Clarke's "being aggressive against good bowling is the only way, live by the sword die by the sword" comments yesterday really weird? Like surely he doesn't genuinely believe that?
I honestly think it kinda depends. I do think you need to look to score, there's a reason why all the best batsmen are pretty attacking minded players. The "intent" thing isn't complete crap or anything, however overplayed it might be. Sometimes I think cricket fans (of the more serious variety) get in the mindset of thinking that if people just didn't play any aggressive shots they'd never get out, so any dismissal going hard at the ball is a wasted wicket. At the same time there's a world of difference between Warner style idiocy and just batting to survive.