Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Walk or not walk

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend OverratedSanity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stapel View Post

I also think there is absolutely nothing wrong with CALMLY and POLITELY explaining to an umpire why you would disagree.
    So agree with this. People have been called up to the match referee's cabin for *gasp* shaking their head at the decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by weldone View Post
    Wow baby, that gave me an orgasmic pleasure!
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaagarkarajaaja View Post
    All Prasie to Ajit Bhalchandra Agarkar, the pride of Mumbai, the terminator at Adelaide.
    Quote Originally Posted by VoL View Post
    I've joined this forum, just so that i can agree with OverratedSanity...

Quote Originally Posted by Biryani Pillow View Post
    I believe the laws of rugby union state "The referee is the sole judge of time and fact".Players accept that because they are (relatively) civilised. Players should also realise, in all sports, that the official will give a decision from what they see.

As it was superbly put to me by a bowler when I turned down a very close LBW shout the other season (felt it might just have hit the batsman outside the line) in a very tight league fixture: "You're angles' better than mine umpire."

Maybe one of the of many umpires I've come across might be covered by that. if you want a power trip there are many easier ways to have a power trip than standing for up to 120 overs in a day - to say nothing about actually finding and passing the courses and going through the other training required to reach a good standard of cricket.
    Did you remove his nose from your arsehole after the game or is it still there?
    ​63*

Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    Come on Lancashire!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Let it be known for the record that the font in the top of the picture noted that Kohli was wearing Jimmy Choo shoes and Happy Socks

U19 Vice-Captain Biryani Pillow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OverratedSanity View Post
    So agree with this. People have been called up to the match referee's cabin for *gasp* shaking their head at the decision.
    This really applies to international cricket. I recall Michael Atherton being fined 2000 for raising an eyebrow when half way back to he pavilion having belted one into his pad but that was really because Peter Burge threw his toys because there was nothing in the 'dirt in pocket' allegations.

Quote Originally Posted by Furball View Post
    Did you remove his nose from your arsehole after the game or is it still there?
    Stupid comment - why am I not surprised.

And if a player politely asks for an explanation they will receive one. A more heated reply reply from a player will still produce a calm reply from me. Anything more and I would suggest they calm down.

Had one last week when the fielding side went up for a caught behind. The timing of the sound was right but the actual sound wasn't - didn't say 'ball on bat' to me - I suspect the bat brushed the pad - and I saw no deflection. The fielding side were, shall we say, quite animated and vocal. I simply asked them to keep calm and explained my decision to the bowler. They were fine after that..
    Last edited by Biryani Pillow; 20-08-2015 at 01:33 PM.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread Information