• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pick a combo- third test

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Comp: elect a combo of 11 players who you think will impact the third test the most.

1 run = 1 point

1 wicket = 30 points

1 catch/stumping = 5 points

Teams should contain 5 batsmen, 1 all rounder, 1 keeper and 4 bowlers. CBF clarifying these clearly, just play within the spirit of the thing. Teams to be posted before the test begins.

My combo

Cook
Warner
Smith
Root
Clarke
M.Marsh
Nevill
Ali
Broad
Starc
Hazelwood

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Warner
Cook
Smith
Root
Clarke
Stokes
Nevill
Ali
Johnson
Starc
Hazlewood

Assuming Ali counts as a bowler since OP did it

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
By this scoring system the player of the series so far is Moeen Ali, followed by Johnson and then Root. I guess two disciplines is a big plus.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Cook
Warner
Smith
Root
M Marsh
Stokes
Nevill (if not selected, Buttler)
Moeen
Johnson
Broad
Hazlewood

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'm just going to pick my favourite players out of those playing and hope for points.

1. Rogers if selected, otherwise S Marsh
2. Cook
3. Smith
4. Bell
5. Voges
6. Moeen
7. Nevill if selected, otherwise Buttler
8. Starc
9. Wood
10. Lyon
11. Anderson

Howe_zat

Audio File
Since Marsh has been put at five, I reckon Dan has picked him as a batsman. So he gets points for runs but not wickets

Compton

International Debutant
Don't think you can have both Stokes and Marsh as all-rounders.

They're both batting all-rounders who bowl fairly quick seam and act as change strike bowlers in their side. They both also have the exact same batting style. They're probably about as similar as any two players across the sides in terms of role and style.