• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 3rd Test at Edgbaston

adub

International Captain
Haven't been here since day one. Is the consensus that Voges is the next to stick a fork in?

burr

State Vice-Captain
It’s both compelling and genuinely sad watching a player of Clarke’s class struggle in this way. I do hope he can come through it because I firmly believe Australia desperately need him – as a batsman and captain. I’m not keen on placing the captaincy burden on Smith at such a young age; that feels like a very un-Australian way to do it. Usually Aus captains (I believe, don’t have the stats) are far more entrenched in the side as players before they get given the reigns permanently. Smith is sure to go through some major troughs in his still young career, as all players do, and to do that as captain, well, I worry for him.

Niall

International Coach
Starc bowling poorly isn't really luck is it?
Root, Bell and Lyth out to horror shots.

Cook out to to a freak catch.

Buttler refusing to review a stinker.

Australia had some luck as well.

England really should have gone past 300 here.

King Pietersen

International Captain
It’s both compelling and genuinely sad watching a player of Clarke’s class struggle in this way. I do hope he can come through it because I firmly believe Australia desperately need him – as a batsman and captain. I’m not keen on placing the captaincy burden on Smith at such a young age; that feels like a very un-Australian way to do it. Usually Aus captains (I believe, don’t have the stats) are far more entrenched in the side as players before they get given the reigns permanently. Smith is sure to go through some major troughs in his still young career, as all players do, and to do that as captain, well, I worry for him.
Twatto as captain seems the obvious choice.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Great post.

Flem274*

123/5
all this talk of dropping players, but who do you pick?

clarke's back could snap at any time now which means if you drop vogels bread your middle order is smithers and the spud with the spuds brother at #6 and nevill at #7.

it's like the opposite problem to a few years ago where clarke had to score triples from 3/30.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So we resume 23 runs ahead. I assume the plan will be to bat until around tea and then stick them in for a tricky last session to see if we can nip a couple out.

adub

International Captain
Starc is just showing why most Australian supporters here had him very definitely 4th after MJ, Harris and Haze.

Repeat after me. White ball form is not very relevant to Test selections.

Swingpanzee

International Regular
Starc is just showing why most Australian supporters here had him very definitely 4th after MJ, Harris and Haze.

Repeat after me. White ball form is not very relevant to Test selections.
oh as long as MJ is bowling well, the moment Patto is fit for Tests I pick him in the attack.

Starc has bowled so much piss that it's infuriating

adub

International Captain
all this talk of dropping players, but who do you pick?

clarke's back could snap at any time now which means if you drop vogels bread your middle order is smithers and the spud with the spuds brother at #6 and nevill at #7.

it's like the opposite problem to a few years ago where clarke had to score triples from 3/30.
If Voges is dropped (and I think he should) it does become a real question. With only Watto and Voges left as batting back up options would you call up a Bancroft, Burns or Ferg etc from the A squad to cover in case an injury required a new bat in the 5th test?

adub

International Captain
oh as long as MJ is bowling well, the moment Patto is fit for Tests I pick him in the attack.

Starc has bowled so much piss that it's infuriating
Absolutely agree. But Starc is just as likely to infuriate by taking a 7-fer next test.

WalkingWicket

State 12th Man
Need a 3rd Man for this session - a lot of runs are going to come from thick edges down to that area. We also want to stop runs being scored, as well as wickets.