• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 3rd Test at Edgbaston

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
So crazy now that when Clarke is batting I expect him quickly removed. So many ashes series where his arrival has tempered the joy of the wicket that has brought him to the crease

Sad to see as age wise you'd think he should be in his prime but obviously he's always had his injury issues, I mean he struggled fitness wise on his first tour over here.

As an Englishman I'm not complaining but as a cricket fan I'd like to see him do a bit of a Ponting, one final revival after the urn is gone before giving it up before the next series, whenever that is (presumably in a few weeks)

howardj

International Coach
Worst thing to happen to Australia was stumps

Hairy chested Boof will get in Nev's ear overnight: "Look mate, we have to up the ante here. Go on the attack". It's our way

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Watching the highlights. Exciting stuff but odd day of test cricket. Kudos to Finn for proving my doubts groundless though.

& 'Twas an absolute snorter from Johnson, but Bairstow does have previous when it comes to short pitched stuff.

He might have scored bagfulls in CC but I doubt he's faced anyone close to as rapid as MJ.
During the last Ashes series in Oz, it was rumoured that there had been a blow-up in the England camp as a result of Flower telling Bairstow that he needed to grow a pair (or words to that effect) after Melbourne

Obviously a brute of a ball here but he wasn't exactly hurrying to get back & across either

howardj

International Coach
I hate to say I told you so on Voges, but look at his FC record in Australia

He's 36 years old, and has one outstanding Summer...and that's enough for him to be a key pillar in an overseas Ashes defence?

I was so disappointed with the number of people on here pumping up his initial selection

Shook my faith on the quality of peoples' judgement on this Forum

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Surely Nevill and M Marsh need to switch places. You can't have the most patient batsman running out of partners in a lineup with a tendency to play a lot of shots when it needs to bat time.

Gnske

I had the strangest vision when I woke up that Warner was out on 76.

Gutted tbh, could have been a McGrath level fortune teller.

Swingpanzee

International Regular
He's 36 years old, and has one outstanding Summer...and that's enough for him to be a key pillar in an overseas Ashes defence?
you know your middle order's going through dire time when you want SMarsh to be in it

Our side for TB should be

Rogers
Warner
Smith
Marsh
Nevill
Marsh
Johnson
Starc
Lyon
Haze
Clarke

i don't even know if i'm joking about Clarke being at 11

Midwinter

State Captain
next summer Australia will have to replace Rogers and Clarke, resolve the No 6 position and replace Johnson.

At least they have made a start by replacing Haddin.

Spikey

next summer Australia will have to replace Rogers and Clarke, resolve the No 6 position and replace Johnson.

At least they have made a start by replacing Haddin.
there's not much to resolve at 6 tbh, in their eyes,it's either an A/R or keeper, so either MMarsh or Nev because I don't see them getting rid of MMarsh for awhile.

morgieb

I'm actually kinda disappointed Nevill got 30-odd. Would've been epic if a Test only went for two days, as embarrassing as that is for us.

social

So crazy now that when Clarke is batting I expect him quickly removed. So many ashes series where his arrival has tempered the joy of the wicket that has brought him to the crease

Sad to see as age wise you'd think he should be in his prime but obviously he's always had his injury issues, I mean he struggled fitness wise on his first tour over here.

As an Englishman I'm not complaining but as a cricket fan I'd like to see him do a bit of a Ponting, one final revival after the urn is gone before giving it up before the next series, whenever that is (presumably in a few weeks)
Yep

When he first got to the crease, there were 2 or 3 balls from Finn that were bread and butter run scoring opportunities for peak Clarke and he struggled to get bat on ball

Looks as if he isn't picking it up at all

Burgey

Didn't see the game last night but I've looked at the dismissals. Just more of the same really. The definition of stupid is to keep repeating your mistakes over and over again.

Yet still Jono posts here....

91Jmay

International Coach
Mitchell Marsh clearly has a load of ability but I'm not sure this was the right time to dump him in on reflection. He looked dreadful today, might have been better going for Watson. Start is better than nothing.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Didn't see the game last night but I've looked at the dismissals. Just more of the same really. The definition of stupid is to keep repeating your mistakes over and over again.

Yet still Jono posts here....
ban him