Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 6 of 160 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast
Like Tree399Likes

Thread: *Official* 3rd Test at Edgbaston

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    Well I wouldn't know how you take defeat.
    Only read your first 4 words, and I agree.

International Coach TheJediBrah's Avatar
    England need to go for some green tops imo

level the playing field a bit, because Aus are simply a class above in all departments which will show on decent batting wickets. A couple of bowler-friendly pitches and luck comes into it a bit more, gives England a better chance.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    I'd keep the team as it is. Can't see anyone coming in and scoring runs against the mitches right off the bat. Different story if trott or kp could be treated as available but if they were they'd already be in the side.

Ravi not mentioned as the saviour of the England side yet? sometimes I think I've failed cricketweb, and cricketweb has failed me
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

Another man who could make a difference - Nick Compton - spent the weekend at the beach. Compton's Test career was ended (for now, at least) after he went six innings in succession without reaching 20. His Test average - 31.93 - does not make his case for a recall especially persuasively, but he remains as hard to dismiss as anyone in county cricket and has a defensive technique that would appear well-suited to negating pace bowling. He really should come into the equation.

That he probably will not is largely due to a misunderstanding. Having taken a blow in the 2013 Headingley Test against New Zealand, Compton was sent for a scan and, while chatting to a doctor, was informed that he probably had a cracked rib. When the scans were analysed, however, he was shown to have suffered nothing more than deep bruising and it was alleged by the team management that he had shirked his fielding duties as he did not want to put himself in the firing line. Compton was offended, words were exchanged and he has never been selected since. It is two years since the selectors even spoke to him about a possible recall.
    If this is true then it's absolutely childish.
    citoyens, vouliez-vous une révolution sans révolution?

Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    Ravi not mentioned as the saviour of the England side yet? sometimes I think I've failed cricketweb, and cricketweb has failed me
    Someone mentioned him in the match thread.

I don't think I'd make any changes to the England team.

Lyth scored a century 3 tests ago against Southee and Boult. Ballance - although I don't rate him at all - scored a half century and also dined out in the Windies.

Bell; well perhaps bringing in Taylor is an option?

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend _Ed_'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    If this is true then it's absolutely childish.
    That's incredible.

International Vice-Captain Tangles's Avatar
    Might be worth switching Bell and Root. It breaks up Lyth, Ballance, Bell but doesn't put Root at 3.

Ballance at 5, shove the rest up a spot?
    Justo and Flem274* like this.

I guess now would be a good time to remember Ballance was never a number 3 for Yorkshire.
    RIP Philip Hughes - 1988-2014

The Wheel of Mediocrity | Compton, Root, Carberry, Robson, Trott, Lyth, Moeen, Hales, Duckett, Hameed, Jennings, Stoneman, Denly, Roy | The wheel is forever

Founder and Grand Wizard of the CW Football Thread Statluminati.

Cricketer Of The Year AndyZaltzHair's Avatar
    i'm all in for root at 3. if anyone who can adapt there, it's root. he got all the game to play there. can understand why england and many fans dont want him to be moved from 5 though. ballance at 5 is not a bad idea.
    Originally Spoken by Brendon McCullum
    You have got to earn the right to be aggressive.
    Supporting XI
    Soumya Sarkar, Liton Das, Pinak Ghosh, Mominul Haque, Mosaddek Hossain, Nazmul Shanto, Shabbir, Nurul Hasan, Afif, Saifuddin, Mehedi Miraz, Abu Hider, Taskin Ahmed, Shoriful Islam, Mustafizur Rahman

Quote Originally Posted by hendrix View Post
    I don't think I'd make any changes to the England team.

Lyth scored a century 3 tests ago against Southee and Boult. Ballance - although I don't rate him at all - scored a half century and also dined out in the Windies.

Bell; well perhaps bringing in Taylor is an option?
    I don't think you can persist with Ballance any longer. The holes in his technique are just so obvious and easy to exploit, especially by the standard of bowlers that the Aussies have in their stable. Agree with Spark that at the very least he has to shift down to number 5 (with Root coming up to 3). But given that he's been averaging about 17 this summer (and looked appaullingly bad while doing it) I don't think that'll help too much, and England would probably be better off looking elsewhere even if the alternatives aren't that flash. If only there was some experienced batsman floating around the English scene with a strong game against pace and proven ability to rise to the occasion, who England could call on as a short term replacement for a struggling player like Ballance...
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloakey View Post
    Darlingface
    Maow like no one can hear you maowing.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar
    Don't get the Ali hate tbh. Think he's bowled reasonably and his batting down the order is more than very handy. Yesterday's dismissal showed he mustn't be moved up the order too high.

I'd be tempted to move Stokes up the order to four and let him have a license to play the way he has been at six, and move Root to three. Yeah it weakens a strength, but Bell ATM is doing bugger all at four and Ballance is a walking wicket at three. If he's to stay in the side, I'd change the order around a bit:

Cook
    Lyth
    Root
    Stokes
    Bell
    Ballance
    {keep the rest the same}

Might be deck chairs on the titanic type of stuff, but I like Stokes' mojo and reckon if he comes off up the order he could set Australia back on their heels a bit.

Can't say I'm too familiar with a lot of the alternatives to the incumbents who are playing fc cricket atm.

yeah I definitely think Ballance is the weakest batsman in the side but I don't think they can quite drop him yet.

Page 6 of 160 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread Information