• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 3rd Test at Edgbaston

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Alex Hales. I preferred him to Lyth anyway. He's not having the stellar season as 2014, but still pretty good.
Hales is such a bad choice IMHO. Mind you it's not like I have any great alternatives, but I would rather bring back Compton, or go for Mitchell or Lees. I'd even rather J Taylor opened TBH, just don't imagine Hales scoring a run against top-class bowling with a new red cherry, terrible starter, as he admits himself.

Wouldn't mind this push for him if he'd been anything but average in limited-50-overs stuff, for England.

Anyway, this start is more than I could have hoped for, particularly good as it makes Warne's predictions on Twitter make him looks the dunderheaded imbecile that he undoubtedly is.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I was about to get angry at Warne again, but then I realise I'm the one who's forgotten to mute him.

It's like putting my hand on the stove at this point. Only yourself to blame

Howe_zat

Audio File
Plenty of bat on ball now. Just like how Rogers and Voges batted just before lunch. Looks a good wicket when you're in.

The odd filthy wide one like that helps too

Niall

International Coach
Hales is such a bad choice IMHO. Mind you it's not like I have any great alternatives, but I would rather bring back Compton, or go for Mitchell or Lees. I'd even rather J Taylor opened TBH, just don't imagine Hales scoring a run against top-class bowling with a new red cherry, terrible starter, as he admits himself.

Wouldn't mind this push for him if he'd been anything but average in limited-50-overs stuff, for England.

Anyway, this start is more than I could have hoped for, particularly good as it makes Warne's predictions on Twitter make him looks the dunderheaded imbecile that he undoubtedly is.

Hales hasn't even opened this year for Notts either.

No opener has scored more runs than King Tresc this season....:ph34r:

I'd settle for Compton though if Tres doesn't want to play the fourth test.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Yeah I am fairly sure he would fail. There is basically nobody though, Lees not having a good season so you don't want to chuck him in, Mitchell is probably the best bet but it would feel so much like another Carberry/Compton. At some point England are going to have to try something completely different which is why Hales stands out.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
This suddenly has a very 2010/11 feel to it.
Series already playing out a bit like 09 mind you with both teams going to extremes in performance

Long time left in this one of course

Shot from Bell btw. Am on sky sports iPad so likely a few behind TV