• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 3rd Test at Edgbaston

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Broad and Anderson having a go too...My faith in this non-sledging treaty is shot to pieces. Can't believe it didn't last.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
I actually don't think Haddin would have played out the series, if he had a bad test at Lords I think he was going to get the chop regardless.
Yeah maybe not. I certainly don't have a problem with dropping him, just don't see it in the Australian selectors to drop him unless the team is getting completely destroyed, or it's between series.

Son Of Coco

So what did Cook actually do?

Am currently in a castle
If it was an Australian castle it would've been knocked over by now.

He didn't really do anything. I just thought it was really dumb suggesting at the start of the series that both teams come across all gentlemanly all of a sudden. Was never going to happen. He made a point of laughing at clapping while looking at Clarke after he got bowled, but I'm almost certain Cook's already copped a mouthful at some stage earlier on in the series from the middle of an Australian huddle.

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I actually don't think Haddin would have played out the series, if he had a bad test at Lords I think he was going to get the chop regardless.
It was highly doubtful IMO even before Lords that Haddin would have played. There were very loud calls for him to be dumped after Cardiff and think the selectors would have seriously considered it.

Also at this stage the big question is whether Clarke will last the series. He looks worse than Gary Balance did, and that's saying a lot.

Son Of Coco

Jimmy A what a muppet
Was going to mention him in my above comment, he was the one who made the ridiculous suggestion in the first place. It was funny how Clarke agreed with him though when he was trying to have a crack at him after a couple of lucky edges.

dermo

International Vice-Captain
clarke may well be done but with rogers gone at the end of this series and voges probably not hanging around for that long, we need to hope he gets back to the level of at least a serviceable test bat. imo we don't have 3 ready made test match bats waiting in the wings, smarsh is well ahead of the competition but after that it's really only burns and a few blokes with potential. Rogers and Clarke retiring simultaneously would leave big holes in our batting

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
clarke may well be done but with rogers gone at the end of this series and voges probably not hanging around for that long, we need to hope he gets back to the level of at least a serviceable test bat. imo we don't have 3 ready made test match bats waiting in the wings, smarsh is well ahead of the competition but after that it's really only burns and a few blokes with potential. Rogers and Clarke retiring simultaneously would leave big holes in our batting
SMarsh, Burns and me #shanewatsonthoughts