Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 27 of 160 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast
Like Tree399Likes

Thread: *Official* 3rd Test at Edgbaston

Request Your Custom Title Now! OverratedSanity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Choosing an innings cut-off of 40 has a fair bit to do with that though.
    Even during his relatively lean period, it isn't as if Bell has played key innings to rescue England, but most of those innings came in the 2013 Ashes, when he was in outstanding form. His 109 at Trent Bridge came at 121 for 3 in the second innings, after England trailed by 65 after the first; when he made 109 at Lord's he came in at 28 for 3; his 113 at Chester-le-Street again came after England had conceded a slender lead and lost three quick wickets in the second innings. They were all tough runs, against a difficult bowling attack, and helped England win, but since that series he has hardly ever done that, and even through his entire career the tough runs haven't come often enough
    Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**t over your head and get a woolly bull to f**k some sense into you.

International Vice-Captain The Battlers Prince's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Debris View Post
    I am half seriously thinking about Haddin as opener if Rogers is out.
    Why not Smarsh. If they put Haddin at opener they'd be sitting on the fence too much.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend morgieb's Avatar
    muh intent
    RIP Craig Walsh (Craig) 1985-2012
    RIP Hughesy 1988-2014. 63* for eternity.

The artist formerly known as Monk Red Hill's Avatar
    Why the hell? I'm meh on Shaun Marsh, love him when he makes runs because he looks so great but his consistency has historically been tripe.

But surely the guy has done EVERYTHING a reserve/replacement opener possibly could've thru the WIs and here in the tour games?

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
    Quote Originally Posted by GotSpin View Post
    surely the Watson experience has finished now...**** me, it just cant keep going can it
    I would think that the emergence of M. Marsh would end Watson's test career, at long last.

It's going to be difficult to explain to future generations just how Watson managed 59 test with such sub-par averages; they might ask if he was one of those 'more than the numbers' players, to which the only response would be that if anything, he contributed even less than those numbers suggest.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hill View Post
    Why the hell? I'm meh on Shaun Marsh, love him when he makes runs because he looks so great but his consistency has historically been tripe.

But surely the guy has done EVERYTHING a reserve/replacement opener possibly could've thru the WIs and here in the tour games?
    I do not trust Shaun Marsh at all. He has failed too many times when it mattered. He is the Australian version of Graeme Hick. I would pick him over Haddin now because Haddin's batting looks to have faded too much. It would have been different a couple of years ago. Maybe what I am actually thinking is Nevill over Marsh.

It is all hypothetical, I am sure, because I am 90% certain Rogers will play.
    Last edited by Debris; 24-07-2015 at 09:56 PM.

International Vice-Captain Tangles's Avatar
    Rogers has to play. Huge hole in the batting without him.

International Vice-Captain The Battlers Prince's Avatar
    I hate that Rogers may sit out, but dizzy spells are a bit dangerous after that head knock. If SMarsh fills in its not like the situation where Haddin/Neville were swapped for personal reasons. But Smarsh has done enough to give him another chance given he's on the tour.

International Regular Swingpanzee's Avatar
    Well he has to be fit and ready to play. If it weren't for his ear he'd be a lock, especially after Lords'. Hopefully he's recovers and can play the next test.

I'd actually back Marsh over Voges - maybe not for the third test, but if Voges fails to score in Birmhingham it's over for him. I'm not a huge fan of SMarsh but he's scoring runs and if Voges fails then he should play (at 4 imo, Clarke should be 5 but that's not gonna happen irl).
    Shady Slim likes this.

International Vice-Captain aussie tragic's Avatar
    I can't believe the suggestions that Haddin, Nevill or Watson should open if Rogers is not fit...Marsh opened in WI and has scored 2 centuries in 2 innings on tour...is there really any decision to make other than that he should probably also replace Voges

Hall of Fame Member TheJediBrah's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aussie tragic View Post
    I can't believe the suggestions that Haddin, Nevill or Watson should open if Rogers is not fit...Marsh opened in WI and has scored 2 centuries in 2 innings on tour...is there really any decision to make other than that he should probably also replace Voges
    Hypothetically, if the selectors were to insist upon selecting Haddin as keeper, I would prefer Nevill stayed in the team even if as opener. Otherwise Shaun Marsh is preferable to me and the obvious choice if another Batsman were to come in, regardless of batting position.

a parallel universe where Andrew Hilditch was a good chairman of selectors
    No one has called Smarsh a **** more than me, but he can't have done any more. He walks into the next vacancy in the top 6 no questions.

Banned
    Ecb confirms of bell will bat at 3, Root #4 and Yorkshire Bairstow, #5.century from Lyth save him .last chance for bell.

Banned
    Watto, is better than Haddin, plus nevil took 7 catches on début.plus he has ability to occupied crease as batsman

Evil Scotsman
    Am I missing something? Surely Marsh plays if Rogers misses out?

Thread Information