• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 3rd Test at Edgbaston

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
"Consistency-wise, I think I am in my best form and striking the ball well and, hopefully, this will continue," Bairstow said.

"I have been very positive at the crease this season and will try and take that into the Ashes series."
I would just not give an interview if I were him. It is good to be positive and everything, but his strategies need to be firmly in his own mind and discussed at most with the batting coach. That is just me though, I tend to play my cards close to my chest. I realise he hasn't given away any secrets, but why reveal anything, what does he hope to gain. A state of mind for either a debutant or a recallee is a fragile thing. Why open up to reporters during the build up. Let your batting do the talking during the game and then hopefully do an interview afterwards.

Swingpanzee

International Regular
I would just not give an interview if I were him. It is good to be positive and everything, but his strategies need to be firmly in his own mind and discussed at most with the batting coach. That is just me though, I tend to play my cards close to my chest. I realise he hasn't given away any secrets, but why reveal anything, what does he hope to gain. A state of mind for either a debutant or a recallee is a fragile thing. Why open up to reporters during the build up. Let your batting do the talking during the game and then hopefully do an interview afterwards.
agree completely

aussie tragic

International Captain
Smith could become the 3rd fastest aussie to score 3000 runs (Bradman and Harvey quicker). He needs 76 runs in the next 2 innings

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I'd rather have seen Bell replaced with a potentially more productive player. Struggling to think of anyone who wouldn't contribute more than Bell's combo of no runs plus dropped catches over the last six months.
Careful, you'll attract the ire of Cabinet.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
If someone were to create an Ashes drinking game, I genuinely believe 'Ian Bell drops a catch off Ben Stokes' ought to be a 'finish your drink' requirement.

For something so specific, it happens ridiculously often.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If someone were to create an Ashes drinking game, I genuinely believe 'Ian Bell drops a catch off Ben Stokes' ought to be a 'finish your drink' requirement.

For something so specific, it happens ridiculously often.
Professional jealousy, if I'd been replaced as the superior ginger of the team i'd be just as filthy and two-faced.

TumTum

Banned
Smith could become the 3rd fastest aussie to score 3000 runs (Bradman and Harvey quicker). He needs 76 runs in the next 2 innings
How many does he need to get past Ponting's or Bradman's ICC batting rating? Incredible how much he has transformed last couple years, so solid and patient.

91Jmay

International Coach
74* off 51 balls in a small chase to celebrate call up for Bairstow. He really couldn't be in better form.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Watson as an opener, an not bowling, is an entirely different kettle of fish IMO

Would still probably go with Marsh though

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Anyone been to Edgebaston? How early should I get there on day 1 to get in before play starts?

Howe_zat

Audio File
Anyone been to Edgebaston? How early should I get there on day 1 to get in before play starts?
I went for the 2011 test and it was a piece of cake. Day 1 is easiest anyway because a lot of people will try and get there for the toss, jerusalem, etc rather than SOP

Howe_zat

Audio File
Oh yeah plenty. Tbf the Ashes may be busier than games I've been to but I can't really see it taking an hour to get in

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You know it's in Birmingham, don't you mate? I know schedules are determined by work and other commitments, but it's a shame you have to go to that **** hole instead of to some of the other towns around the joint