Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 157 of 160 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 2398
Like Tree399Likes

Thread: *Official* 3rd Test at Edgbaston

International Debutant YorksLanka's Avatar
    Congrats to England on a thoroughly deserved victory..
    "Play Hard but play fair..."

Quote Originally Posted by The Sean View Post
    If your lack of an apostrophe is intentional, then your statement is accurate.

If it's not, then your statement is poorly timed.
    nah just think were still slightly better. i predicted a 2-2 series before it started

International Coach
    Well **** knows what is going to happen at TB, but the best ground in the country strikes again. Delighted for Belly, two good knocks - him having an Indian summer to end his career at 3 would be lovely and get that average above 45 which is where it should be. I agree with others that he isn't a 50 average calibre player but he is better than 43.

Yay to England, still very odd with so many not performing really, and with question marks about them, but the Crims have even more. Not vintage but certainly fascinating with both teams on the verge of implosion it seems the odd incident can change everything.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

On the whole Bell to 3 thing, funnily enough his record at 3 isn't really that bad. It's not as good as his record at 5 or 6 but it's a lot better than his record at 4 which seems to be a bit of a cursed spot for him for some reason.
    Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09
    'Stats' is not a synonym for 'Career Test Averages'

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Tucker
    Someone asked me the other day if I believe in conspiracies. Well, sure. Here's one. It is called the political system. It is nothing if not a giant conspiracy to rob, trick and subjugate the population.
    Before replying to TJB, always remember:
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJediBrah View Post
    Next week I'll probably be arguing the opposite

Code:
    Pixie Caramels won by an Innings and 258 runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    On the whole Bell to 3 thing, funnily enough his record at 3 isn't really that bad. It's not as good as his record at 5 or 6 but it's a lot better than his record at 4 which seems to be a bit of a cursed spot for him for some reason.
    He also played a lot there when he was quite young, 06/07 Ashes the best example. His record at three since the Oval 09 is actually good.
    RIP Philip Hughes - 1988-2014

The Wheel of Mediocrity | Compton, Root, Carberry, Robson, Trott, Lyth, Moeen, Hales, Duckett, Hameed, Jennings, Stoneman, Denly, Roy | The wheel is forever

Founder and Grand Wizard of the CW Football Thread Statluminati.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Things conspired against me today and I saw 1 ball.

Happy we won, given me a boost after a hard week. Don't really care about series result now just hope we get a couple of good tests to occupy me. Think Aussies will come back hard next week and without Jimmy at TB I think it may well be 2-2. Both sides have plenty of issues though so who knows.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend fredfertang's Avatar
    Can't see any prospect of a draw so, barring torrential rain, it's going to be 3-2 - bit of a lottery as to which way

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Got that double against India didn't he, am fairly sure it was awful before that. Was not a fan of him going to 3 but it was probably the only way to go and it certainly worked out here.

He got that 70 odd at the Oval in 09. Then scored the 150 and 235 v India. Played one innings in the UAE at three where he blocked it onto his stumps and one at Sydney where he failed twice. Then this.

Everything before that was when he was in his mid or early 20s and away from home (mostly Australia and Asia). I'm not sure he's a fan of it himself though. From what I recall it was basically up to him whether he batted at 3 in Aus after Trott went home and he didn't. Hasn't really got the same bargaining tools now though, so.

Evil Scotsman
    Quote Originally Posted by GotSpin View Post
    Strange since not one test has really Been close so far.

Eurgh, horrible test for us.Voges must be done and there are some serious serious concerns over Clarke.
    There's been one close match between the two since 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by Furball View Post
    In final score maybe. But I'd say Trent Bridge & Durham in 2013, Adelaide in 06 were close. Plus the draw at Edgbaston 09, and I guess I could sneak in the somewhat contrived draw from The Oval two years ago but that's pushing it!

Guessing TB is the one you were referring to. Durham was probably a closer match throughout though.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Howe_zat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Furball View Post
    Assuming you mean TB 2013 fair call but there's been a few close draws - Cardiff 09, Oval 2013
    Join the CW Commentary Discord - https://discord.gg/2cYpfrf

International Debutant LegionOfBrad's Avatar
    The Durham game was funny. Aus were 100 odd for nothing and cruising followed by another Aus absolute lollapse which made the winning margin greater than it should have been. It was a decent game. Thinking about that game it must be worrying for Aus that Broad hasn't had one of his bag a hatful hours in this series yet. It could be coming.

The oval was only really close/interesting because Clarke went a little far with lose to win and had to cry to his Mum when it was going badly wrong.

Evil Scotsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    Assuming you mean TB 2013 fair call but there's been a few close draws - Cardiff 09, Oval 2013
    Admittedly I somehow forgot about Trent Bridge but I'd also argue that never really felt close. 1st innings England were miles ahead until Agar's fluke innings (that he should have been given out when he was in single figures), 2nd innings again wasn't close until Jimmeh finished his spell and Finn started bowling like a drain.

Not having Adelaide. 4 days of a bore, "winning" draw for England after getting thrashed at Brisbane before a complete capitulation on the final day. Reckon you could have set Australia 150 in 15 overs and they'd have gotten it tbh.

Thread Information