• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 3rd Test at Edgbaston

91Jmay

International Coach
Well **** knows what is going to happen at TB, but the best ground in the country strikes again. Delighted for Belly, two good knocks - him having an Indian summer to end his career at 3 would be lovely and get that average above 45 which is where it should be. I agree with others that he isn't a 50 average calibre player but he is better than 43.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yay to England, still very odd with so many not performing really, and with question marks about them, but the Crims have even more. Not vintage but certainly fascinating with both teams on the verge of implosion it seems the odd incident can change everything.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
On the whole Bell to 3 thing, funnily enough his record at 3 isn't really that bad. It's not as good as his record at 5 or 6 but it's a lot better than his record at 4 which seems to be a bit of a cursed spot for him for some reason.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
On the whole Bell to 3 thing, funnily enough his record at 3 isn't really that bad. It's not as good as his record at 5 or 6 but it's a lot better than his record at 4 which seems to be a bit of a cursed spot for him for some reason.
He also played a lot there when he was quite young, 06/07 Ashes the best example. His record at three since the Oval 09 is actually good.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Things conspired against me today and I saw 1 ball.

Happy we won, given me a boost after a hard week. Don't really care about series result now just hope we get a couple of good tests to occupy me. Think Aussies will come back hard next week and without Jimmy at TB I think it may well be 2-2. Both sides have plenty of issues though so who knows.

fredfertang

Can't see any prospect of a draw so, barring torrential rain, it's going to be 3-2 - bit of a lottery as to which way

Pothas

Got that double against India didn't he, am fairly sure it was awful before that. Was not a fan of him going to 3 but it was probably the only way to go and it certainly worked out here.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
He got that 70 odd at the Oval in 09. Then scored the 150 and 235 v India. Played one innings in the UAE at three where he blocked it onto his stumps and one at Sydney where he failed twice. Then this.

Everything before that was when he was in his mid or early 20s and away from home (mostly Australia and Asia). I'm not sure he's a fan of it himself though. From what I recall it was basically up to him whether he batted at 3 in Aus after Trott went home and he didn't. Hasn't really got the same bargaining tools now though, so.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
There's been one close match between the two since 2005.
In final score maybe. But I'd say Trent Bridge & Durham in 2013, Adelaide in 06 were close. Plus the draw at Edgbaston 09, and I guess I could sneak in the somewhat contrived draw from The Oval two years ago but that's pushing it!

Guessing TB is the one you were referring to. Durham was probably a closer match throughout though.

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
The Durham game was funny. Aus were 100 odd for nothing and cruising followed by another Aus absolute lollapse which made the winning margin greater than it should have been. It was a decent game. Thinking about that game it must be worrying for Aus that Broad hasn't had one of his bag a hatful hours in this series yet. It could be coming.

The oval was only really close/interesting because Clarke went a little far with lose to win and had to cry to his Mum when it was going badly wrong.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Assuming you mean TB 2013 fair call but there's been a few close draws - Cardiff 09, Oval 2013
Admittedly I somehow forgot about Trent Bridge but I'd also argue that never really felt close. 1st innings England were miles ahead until Agar's fluke innings (that he should have been given out when he was in single figures), 2nd innings again wasn't close until Jimmeh finished his spell and Finn started bowling like a drain.

Not having Adelaide. 4 days of a bore, "winning" draw for England after getting thrashed at Brisbane before a complete capitulation on the final day. Reckon you could have set Australia 150 in 15 overs and they'd have gotten it tbh.