• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Haddin or Nevill

If Haddin is avaliable for 3rd Test, who should play...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tedsheppard

Cricket Spectator
Haddin's batting is going. Also, I think it showed heaps of immaturity to absolutely throw his wicket away like he did in the second innings at Cardiff. Considering it rained the day after, all he needed to do was block it but nope he needed to essentially hack. Anyway thats just my thoughts what do you guys think???

Compton

International Debutant
If Nevill doesn't do anything daft in England's second innings I'd back him to keep the spot.

His batting style seems to better balance the Aussie lineup, and he looked good with the gloves.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Would imagine Nevill will play the rest of this series barring injury and given his age there would be no way back for Haddin regardless of who takes the gloves in the Australian summer.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I voted for Rad, and bring back Shane Watson too, not sure what either did to deserve being dropped.

Valer

First Class Debutant
Haddin's batting is going. Also, I think it showed heaps of immaturity to absolutely throw his wicket away like he did in the second innings at Cardiff. Considering it rained the day after, all he needed to do was block it but nope he needed to essentially hack. Anyway thats just my thoughts what do you guys think???
Unless Haddin was also tapped on the shoulder or otherwise told prior to withdrawing he should come back into the team. Nevill hasn't done enough to overturn selection policy.

Ignoring good selection policy I'd rather see Nevill in the team.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
This isn't a new development. Think Hobart 2011 and the god awful shots from memory he played in both innings, I think particularly the 2nd he just tried to hack everything. I'm sure he would tell you it was hit out or be got out. And even worse, the charge and nick second ball (?) in that capitulation to 21-9 in SA a few years back.

But it's all hot air because if Haddin is available they'll pick him.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
I can also see Haddin getting a recall if available. Wasn't actually dropped so the selectors never had to make the tough call.

turnstyle

State 12th Man
Haddin.

Was never dropped so will get his spot back but one more failure in a losing cause would probably see him off. Was never a fan. Didn't think he was any better than Ryan Campbell.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I know it's far from ideal but I really don't get why you'd want to go back to Haddin as a selector.