• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2nd Test at Lord's

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Expect a slightly quicker pitch but still slow and low, won't be as quick as the one v NZ anyway.

This game may well be decided by which side is bowling when the cloud comes in, there will be very little in the deck for the bowlers but look up and they may have a chance if it is gloomy. Hard one to call but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a high scoring bore draw here.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
inb4 the only change is siddle for starc

also, am i the only one not quite getting the wood hype yet?

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

Depends what you mean by hype, if it is him being much better than Jordan/Woakes/Plunkett then yes it is just you.
Yeah, nobody has called him world class or anything just that he is a big upgrade on Jordan. Think Woakes did ok last summer but is injured and Plunkett has widdled on the chips a bit this summer by being a bit silly.

Spark

Global Moderator
inb4 the only change is siddle for starc

also, am i the only one not quite getting the wood hype yet?
I reckon the English press are overrating him by implying that he'll be more dangerous than Broad just because he hits the deck, but he complements the attack really well.

Begs the question as to why you lot persisted with Jordan for so long though. Imagine him playing in the last Test, could easily have provided the release valve our bats needed to pile on a big score.

flibbertyjibber

Begs the question as to why you lot persisted with Jordan for so long though. Imagine him playing in the last Test, could easily have provided the release valve our bats needed to pile on a big score.
Well I asked the question in the match thread and the answer I got was we had to check the data.

Sums Moores up really.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I reckon the English press are overrating him by implying that he'll be more dangerous than Broad just because he hits the deck, but he complements the attack really well.

I was a bit of a Jordan apologist. He bowled really well in his first few one-day matches and he's a great allround athlete. You say he was persisted with 'for so long' but really he only got 3 series and deserved the first two.

Mark Wood has been a smidge overrated because he's so likeable. I don't mind that.

Spark

Global Moderator
Haha, I was on record almost from the moment he appeared on the scene expressing bewilderment at what England could possibly see in him, so.

Top_Cat

The way Stokes is playing should be a huge worry for the Aussies, honestly.

The Aussie bats, I think, need to be better at controlling the tempo against the English guys who are having a go. Reckon Rogers it the only one doing well at just absorbing the stabs of pressure from guys like Broad and Wood. Putting the onus back on the English to bowl to them, I think we'll find a distinct lack of a Plan B but there's many years of instincts to fight against so we'll see if they can do it.

Top_Cat

Smashed the bones out of a top NZ attack couple of months ago at the same venue they're playing at in a couple of days and took a couple of good knackers from Starc to stop him repeating the dose at Cardiff. The controlled aggression he has right now is looking dangerous. Bowling okay too.

Last edited: