• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2nd Test at Lord's

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah all this flat pitch talk it makes huge a difference when you are staring at 600.Its also interesting to see whether England would continue with their aggressive approach here.
Well obviously if we are facing 600 (looks likely) then Cook or Root have to get a good score. Can't be 40-3 again but if we were say 200-3 then the guys coming in lower down can still play their normal game as we won't be so far behind. A lot depends on our top order getting us off to a start for a change.

Uppercut

Yeah I thought they could have been 550 and couple of overs before tea (still might be as they can score very quickly). I don't have faith in our batting line up with scoreboard pressure though to be honest.
Yeah, this England aren't a team that routinely bats out time on flat pitches. It's why I think the curator hasn't done them any favours here.

Despite what certain clowns that keep stinking out the thread with passive-aggressive wankery keep saying, this is definitely a very flat pitch.

flibbertyjibber

Yeah, also just because it is a flat pitch doesn't mean Smith and Rogers didn't bat fantastically well.
Of course they did, you don't get daddy hundreds on any track by not batting well no matter how flat it may be. The Warner dismissal and Clarke innings have highlighted even more how well the pair have played.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Hope Johnson gets a bat ;) soon to be only the 3rd Aussie to get 2000 runs and 200 wkts...Richie Benaud and Shane Warne the other 2

TheJediBrah

Yeah, this England aren't a team that routinely bats out time on flat pitches. It's why I think the curator hasn't done them any favours here.

Despite what certain clowns that keep stinking out the thread with passive-aggressive wankery keep saying, this is definitely a very flat pitch.
haven't seen anyone say that it wasn't once

Gob

International Coach
Well obviously if we are facing 600 (looks likely) then Cook or Root have to get a good score. Can't be 40-3 again but if we were say 200-3 then the guys coming in lower down can still play their normal game as we won't be so far behind. A lot depends on our top order getting us off to a start for a change.
Yeah just 400

Compton

International Debutant
TMS and Sky obsessed with this notion that the pitch is speeding up. I think what we're actually seeing is England's bowlers bowling full in the channel with some swing.

The pitch is flat. But it's not THAT flat.