• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2nd Test at Lord's

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
And Mitch Marsh has literally scored more FC tons in England over the last few weeks than anyone else in either squads.

Niall

International Coach
Obviously bollocks as is most talksport output, but do love the idea of everyone blanking the hell out of Warner. :laugh:

Elizabeth Ammon retweeted
Mike McGrath ‏@mcgrathmike 5h5 hours ago
Massive claim by Jack Bannister on @talkSPORT that Australia "shambles" dressing room want Clarke out as captain & nobody speaks to Warner.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Obviously bollocks as is most talksport output, but do love the idea of everyone blanking the hell out of Warner. :laugh:

Massive claim by Jack Bannister on @talkSPORT that Australia "shambles" dressing room want Clarke out as captain & nobody speaks to Warner.
Well Talksport talks crap, but Bannister is normally one of the voices or reason on the station, is probably getting a bit senile by now though.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think the timing of this is just about right, they couldn't have waited until the 3rd Test at potentially 2-0 down to ditch Watto and give Marsh a run. It's always tempting to go with the devil you know, but I guess we'll find out tomorrow night whether or not it was a good move. You have to back the young bloke though, England did the same with Stokes and it's paying off.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Hindsight is such a wonderful thing but the only explanation I can think of for Watson playing over Marsh in the first place was that they thought his bowling might be more effective on an up and down/slow pitch.

I'm fairly certain they knew what they were getting with a 34 year old whose played 60 Tests over a 10-year period. And the time to pick a 4-Test greenhorn is probably just after he scores back-to-back tour tons, no matter who they're against. Jury is out on whether he'll be successful but it's definitely time.

BeeGee

International Captain
It can't be family reasons for Haddin's withdrawal, could it? If it was he wouldn't be staying on the tour, he'd be heading home.

Edit: I see this is being discussed in the Haddin thread so I'll move over there.

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
I took 'personal reasons' to mean that Haddin felt he should step down, instead of forcing Clarke and Lehman to drop him. Like he feels his time is up.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member

Eh, one of these "everyone hates Clarke and Warner is a knob" stories pops up before or during literally every series these days. No need to read too much into it IMO.

adub

International Captain
Maybe he was picked so the selectors had a ready made sacrificial lamb in case of a loss.

Midwinter

State Captain
Watson was picked as a back up bowler once Harris wasn't playing. Only way to save his spot was to win the match.

Starc and Johnson in the same team. You are getting the same thing twice.