• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Haddin?

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
I dunno.

Pretty ordinary mode of dismissal in the 2nd innings with the match sitting the way it was, but tbf to him that's how Haddin rolls.

Will this be his farewell series? And will he play all 5 tests?

ImpatientLime

International Regular
should never have been picked to begin with.

doesn't do runs away from home and has shown signs of terminal decline since the 2013/14 ashes.

Last edited:

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Hasn't made runs for a considerable amount of time. There was a time when he just kept digging us out of the ****, but that's long gone. Maybe should've finished after we beat India at home.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
I'm a fan but I think it's time for Nev. Sacking him after 1 test when we knew his form leading in would be harsh. I can see a Nev dayboo at Edgebaston if we go 2 down though.

adub

International Captain
I've said for a while that there was a real risk we were persevering too long but was prepared to give him the benefit. But for me the Root drop was the sealer. I didn't have high hopes for his batting, but expected him to be tidy with the gloves. The Root thing though was just diabolical. His feet were nailed in place. It wasn't really a tough take. If he'd been moving properly he'd have taken it easily two handed.

I feared at the time it was going to hurt us bad and in the end I think it cost us the test almost single handedly. Massive turn in the game. If you're a 37 year old keeper who hasn't made a contribution with the bat in 18 months you can't be going and dropping fairly straightforward opportunities from the oppositions most dangerous batsman. Nev for Lords for me. Won't happen of course, but we'll pay for it.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There was a stat produced on another website that claimed that almost 20% of Root's total test runs had been scored after a Rad drop, without those drops he would be averaging sub 20 against us and we lost every game in which he did so

BeeGee

International Captain
He's done, time to move on.

I think the selectors will give him another game, but if he has another stinker he has to go, surely?

dfrinku

U19 Debutant
Time for both to go if it was me. Haddin will almost certainly get another chance, and potentially finish the series, but I can see Watson out for Lord's. It doesn't make sense to have a better player warming the bench. I don't know a lot about Nev to be fair, though, but surely worth a chance.

Riggins

International Captain
Reckon he's done and it's time to go. Pretty bad time to debut a bloke in the Ashes down 1 zip though.

There was a stat produced on another website that claimed that almost 20% of Root's total test runs had been scored after a Rad drop, without those drops he would be averaging sub 20 against us and we lost every game in which he did so
Great stat. Link?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah, 1 nil down and keeping at Lords with the slope would be a very hard debut. I'm not too confident that Nev would be supertidy or anything but I am confident that he wont gift his wicket as easily as Haddin tends to do.

Even if Haddin plays, Nev belongs in the discussion to take Watto's 6 spot too.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Reckon he's done and it's time to go. Pretty bad time to debut a bloke in the Ashes down 1 zip though.

Great stat. Link?
technically incorrect as Haddin didnt actually drop him at Lord's 2 years ago

Spikey

should nevill be picked? a ship in the harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for

morgieb

should nevill be picked? a ship in the harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for
That's actually a surprisingly good anology with this discussion lol.

Fact is, in my mind Nevill is both a better keeper and batsman than Haddin. It's not like Australia are short of experience either....