• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ashes Trivia

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Only one player in the history of the game has batted 100 or more innings in the top 6 and scored fewer than Shane Watson's mighty tally of 4 Test centuries. Name that player.

Last edited:

Riggins

International Captain
Only one player in the history of the game has batted 100 or more innings in the top 6 and scored fewer than Shane Watson's mighty tally of 4 Test centuries. Name that player.
like, just reading it makes you wonder how it's even possible.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
176 for me, again the 85 series was the big fail, had not even heard of a couple of those.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
149. Apparently people other than Allan Border scored tons in the 1980s, which I didn't know about. I probably should have got Broad, missed Stewart at the MCG as well, which was the more recent one I missed. Forgot about the likes of Blewit, Boon and Gatting.

Shady Slim

International Coach
okay here is one in his illustrious ashes career monty panesar played six matches and took fourteen wickets. in order of chronology, name them.

bonus points for method of dismissal and even more bonus points for full scorecard data (BA Tsman 137 b panesar c fielder, etc)

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Half of them would've been at Perth in 06. Can only remember three of the dismissals in that game though.

Shady Slim

International Coach
Half of them would've been at Perth in 06. Can only remember three of the dismissals in that game though.
eight out of the fourteen were, yes, but can you name them

panesar has an awful ashes bowling record actually, tbh out of his six matches only five yielded any wickets, and even then two of those were only one wicket each.

ave 53.64

sr 83.7

econ 3.84

remember statsguru-ing is cheating