Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Ashes blog

I don't mind. I don't actually know how the comments section works at this stage but yolo.
    The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Was just going to talk about how Rogers sets up, which makes Anderson less dangerous from over the wicket than to other left handers.

Rogers turns his back foot so that it points slightly behind sqaure; this locks his back leg off and ensures he only plays the ball under the eyes. Try it with some throw downs, stops you from getting any power from your back leg and keeps you playing the ball later.

Screen Shot 2015-07-07 at 9.56.29 pm.png

Anderson from over the wicket tends to draw edges from guys who push their hands out past their pad, with braced front legs. Rogers is very good at keeping his front leg slightly flexed (often gives the appearance of walking into the ball) but also means that he defends balls on the stumps in front of his pad, making it easier to defend the ball that swings back into him from that angle.

Anderson is probably most dangerous to Rogers with the wobbly seam outside off, trying to get a little tickle like the middle gif of his dismissals. All three of the dismissals also rely on Rogers overbalancing. In general, think that Broad with his smaller amounts of movement and extra bounce is probably a greater threat to Rogers, especially early.

Totally agree with regards to the technical point.

I also think Broad should cause more problems when he gets his length right and a bit of nibble both ways - Rogers just never seems to be too troubled by him though. Broad's also got him 3 times like Anderson, but that includes a short & wide ball slapped to point and a leading edge on a short ball.

Going through his old Ashes dismissals it's crazy how much Swann dominated him. With the cliff-like drop off from him to Ali it will be really interesting to see if Rogers can push on and make some big ones instead of just 50s and 60s.

Remember the full toss dismissal. Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by Axl Rose
    The internet is a big garbage can

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Howe_zat's Avatar
    I was surprised to find this was not bad, in fact it was good, unlike this post, which I have rewritten a few times and have given up making coherent
    Join the CW Commentary Discord - https://discord.gg/2cYpfrf

Don't really agree with this part

Quote Originally Posted by riggs
    If he needs to bring more modes of dismissal into the equation, Anderson has two basic options. Firstly, he can choose to bend the ball both ways more regularly, an option not available to many bowlers.
    Surely this is the plan A? The whole reason Anderson uses his inswinger as the stock ball to move away from the leftie is because he can and does bring it back in.

0:31 here - https://youtu.be/6C638MbsU-A?t=30

That video is geo-blocked in Australia but I assume I know what you mean.

Of course he can use the ball swinging back into the lefty but he seems to try and save them and bowl it very rarely. The more frequently he uses it, the less of a weapon it becomes.If his stock ball going away from the left hander is non-threatening and you can sit back and wait for that one coming back in, then that also is much easier to negotiate.

I agree with you that the 'over the wicket, swing it away and occasionally bring one back in at the pegs' is his Plan A to most guys, as it would and should be to Warner. I just don't think it's going to be as effective to Rogers. He bowled almost exclusively around the wicket to him by the end of the last series and wouldn't at all be surprised to see him do the same here.

Again its just a prediction though, it could go horribly horribly wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    I was surprised to find this was not bad
    Also this was kinda harsh!
    Last edited by Riggins; 07-07-2015 at 05:49 PM.
    Howe_zat likes this.

Unrelated: trying to be clear wrt inswing/outswing to left/right handers is so ****ing annoying.
    Prince EWS likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Riggins View Post
    That video is geo-blocked in Australia but I assume I know what you mean.

Of course he can use the ball swinging back into the lefty but he seems to try and save them and bowl it very rarely. The more frequently he uses it, the less of a weapon it becomes.If his stock ball going away from the left hander is non-threatening and you can sit back and wait for that one coming back in, then that also is much easier to negotiate.

I agree with you that the 'over the wicket, swing it away and occasionally bring one back in at the pegs' is his Plan A to most guys, as it would and should be to Warner. I just don't think it's going to be as effective to Rogers. He bowled almost exclusively around the wicket to him by the end of the last series and wouldn't at all be surprised to see him do the same here.

Again its just a prediction though, it could go horribly horribly wrong.

Yup, the one moving away he sees as a massive weapon, and it's nullified when most balls are swinging in. He bowls in a way that is eyecatching but not necessarily the most effective - still think the best I've seen him bowl is that series in Australia, where he just got little bits of movement each way.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    George Dobell likes what he sees here
    http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blo...cricket-legacy

Brad McNamara ‏@bbuzzmc
    Will say this once and then nothing else. Defamation laws quite clear in Aus.be careful.

Quote Originally Posted by Riggins View Post
    That'll be the incoherence talking. I didn't expect lokomotiv, I just didn't think it would a real blog. I dunno.

Evil Scotsman
    Had a good giggle at the Anderson footnote.

Goes without saying that this is pretty great
    Prince EWS likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information